• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

First design ever

Looks pretty good to me - doesn't scream "first design ever", you didn't make any critical mistakes most people make on their first try (anyone else remember the days of Geocities pages and thinking animated .gifs everywhere were cool?).

As fnixws said, though, it does look quite similar to the ZendFree site. I think if you changed the background pattern on your coloured boxes to a different shape or style, it would be different enough and wouldn't cause any dramas. :)

Heh, I doubt the new owner would even be able to find your site anyway :p He's a little slow if you catch what I mean...

EDIT: Oooo, you took some of the HTML and CSS as well :) Anyway, do tweak it more just in case the new owner finds out :|

Well, if he took the design from somewhere else and made a few small changes then it would still not be his design would it?

Took some of the code for the package boxes, but the footer, and navbar is all mine. I also made the sidebar with the logos my self. Used your code for the package boxes, but made new images. Couldn't think of anything else to put there I'll remove them now. Also all graphics are mine if anyone asks.

Edit: All hamsters code has been removed :)

Last edited:
Now it looks like a cross between izfree and zendfree :p

Hamster myst be ver inspiring :)

Shrink that banner i say.

Last edited:
not bad, your colors need some work though. The block green isn't great and neither's the gradient, try http://colorlovers.com

The nav rollovers cause the text to jump about, might want to sort that

The page also looks too stretched, narrow it down.

great first effort though, sure as hell better than my first designs ;-)

Holy banner, Batman.

Shrink that banner, it's MASSIVE! :)

Also, colourlovers is a great website. Highly recommend it.

not bad, your colors need some work though. The block green isn't great and neither's the gradient, try http://colorlovers.com

The nav rollovers cause the text to jump about, might want to sort that

The page also looks too stretched, narrow it down.

great first effort though, sure as hell better than my first designs ;-)

Any idea on how to keep it from jumping? It can't be less wide, that's as narrow as it'll go. Setting the wrapper to anything less than 800px doesn't work.

Edit: Shrinked the banner. You guys think these colors would work?

Last edited:
I hate Ie. The only way to make it look good in in ie was by messing up the code with some old stupid center tags and other hacks like ending a center right before the text and starting one right after the text again so the text doesn't look stupid. But hey, at least it works.

Code:
body {
	text-align: center;
}

#yourwrapperdiv {
	margin: auto;
	text-align: left;
}

Works on all browsers and validates ;)

Back