• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I have the latest version of firefox.

For some reason, sometimes (not all), when I start it, it freezes and lets me do nothing, but other times, I can do what I want, right away!

Does anyone know why it might be freezing?

Firefox has started getting really slow on my PC as well (using Windows 7). I'm not sure why it's started doing that - it's a shame that FF has become so bloated recently, I think there's a market for a more simple, faster browser.

I like Chrome, but I don't use it because I think Google might be using it to spy on people's browsing habits - I wouldn't be surprised if it reported the websites you visit back to Google for them to provide some kind of 'enhanced user experience' - but that's completely off topic :D

It might be worth trying to clear your browser cache in Firefox and see if that helps.

I don't have nothing saved using Firefox, except bookmarks. History, cookies, cache, etc all get cleared each time FF is closed.

I would use IE, but no matter what PC you use with it, it is so slow, and no security really.

If you don't use any firefox plugins try Opera.

You can import your bookmarks and everything.

For me whenever Firefox 4 betas freeze... I go to task bar and end the process named plugin-container. Ironically the thing that makes it so the browser doesn't crash when a flash player crashes is the thing that causes my firefox to crash. :lol:

For me whenever Firefox 4 betas freeze... I go to task bar and end the process named plugin-container. Ironically the thing that makes it so the browser doesn't crash when a flash player crashes is the thing that causes my firefox to crash. :lol:

Sometimes that has happened, and other times, it just freezes for like 1 minute then undoes itself lol.

Firefox is a memory hog thats what it is. windows 7 + fire fox = death to my 1GB ram pc. :/ when i run firefox i only have about 20 - 10 % my pc's memory is spared.

Firefox is a memory hog thats what it is. windows 7 + fire fox = death to my 1GB ram pc. :/ when i run firefox i only have about 20 - 10 % my pc's memory is spared.

Yeah, firefox is a memory hog. Right now, with one tab open, it's hitting around 75MB of memory. I use Google Chrome when I have a bunch of stuff open, it uses about 1/3 less on my machine.

I've been trying Opera and it seems a lot quicker than FF, I'm reasonably impressed with it so far apart from 1 or 2 niggles

I've been trying Opera and it seems a lot quicker than FF, I'm reasonably impressed with it so far apart from 1 or 2 niggles

thatsracist.gif

I had a lot of similar issues with Firefox. Seemed like the longer it was installed, the slower it got. It ultimately led to me switching to Chrome...

Opera or anyone else might be good, but Firefox is the only one I know of with so many ad on's, ad blockers, etc

It is not so bad, now that I have 4.0 beta 4 installed.

I think there is some problem with you firefox. I would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall your firefox. I hope it will work fine for you. I hope you will consider my suggestion.

Back