• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Finding out what files are on a server

woggy987

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I need your expertise.

Is there anyway I can find out what files are in a folder on a server (if this folder already has an index.html file)???

Thanks!

i use a downloader called GetRight, this program also allows you to view files on some servers.

No. There's not a way. People put in blank index.html so that people don't view those files.

Why do you need to anyways?

He probably wants to find the download link to a paid script. Although, it is possible as I have done it with this sweet program, which I will only tell you if you post an adam sandler quote.

Johnson (LG) said:
He probably wants to find the download link to a paid script.

Where did that come from? And there IS a way. But I'm not telling either. Anybody who knows anything - yes, I am talking about what you are thinking. Might not be the most effective way, but...it works, eventually.

LOL!!

I don't know who I touch and who I don't. I work hard trying to make people laugh. I try to do the kind of stuff that made me laugh growing up. I don't have any secrets. I don't know the reasons I've been so well received.

~~Adam Sandler

I just had to do it.

peace_hope, that doesn't count. We all know you just went to Google and typed in "Adam Sandler quotes".

As I have said to you before:

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last time I checked, you were not Johnson (LG)...

So please do not judge my quotes that I post. I did what he said, found a quote from adam and posted it. He did not say not to do a google search for it or anything like that... So please get off my back

Johnson has joined me and Hottweelz in posting Adam Sandler quotes (from movies) in the forums.

Chill.

Edit: Posts: 1,234 :)

Email the prof? Guess? IE, if he puts up lectures in the form "lec1.pdf, lec2.pdf"...then maybe try "lec14.pdf"?

Or if all the files are in a www drive on some server, as a public user you have access to the folder. But if you browsed to the directory from a shell or something you could get a directory listing.

Back