• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Finally Landed The Job I Always Wanted!

Dan

Bullah
NLC
As the title says.

Saw this job offer a couple weeks ago on mycareer.com.au where a hosting company were looking for Customer Support reps. So I said, "Well, all they can say is yes or no". They said Yes!
Bloody chuffed to bits.
Start tomorrow. 5 days a week, 6 hours a day.

Congrats bru. Hopefully that luck will rub off on me as I sent my resume to a company that is exactly like a place I worked at before. Hopefully the back surgery from last year wont put too much a damper on it.

LOL @ stuff.

It's a company called VentraIP. Based in Melbourne. Have Datacentres in Melbourne, Sydney and Los Angeles.

Good luck. If its your first call center job, then YOU WOULD GET FRUSTRATED SOON.

So stay focused. I have been in call center industry for 7 years :)

Thanks everyone.
It really is a dream job and loving it so far.
Regarding getting frustrated, I do agree. It is easy to get frustrated. But I think, because it is not my business, and I am just the employee, or one of many lol, I tend to lay back a little and try to be as polite as possible. It helps to solve issues a lot faster and more professionally.

Call center, call center.. I remember when I worked for Samsung Electronics North America giving top tier computer support. THAT was fun, walking 60+ year olds on how to take apart a multi-function printer and describing window's logos that are on the keyboard lol.

Frustration was kinda funny at times - just as long as it doesn't go overboard. Just have a good time with the whole deal and it'll be good stuff.

Keep us updated with any cool highlights :)

Congrats on your dream job!

Whenever I call customer support I get people who sound like they hate their lives and their jobs. I'm sure you are your customers' dream rep!

Congrats on your dream job!

Whenever I call customer support I get people who sound like they hate their lives and their jobs. I'm sure you are your customers' dream rep!

hahaha. Thanks mate.
Well, having being a customer of many hosting companies and now working for one, I have had insight to both ends and realise what goes on behind the scenes to ensure that all customers are well looked after.
One thing I can say about these guys is they are all down to earth, fun to work with and really know their job.

I was recently fired from my job, which consisted of hosting, website design, consultation and computer repair. I was fired for an illegitimate reason. But yeah. Good for you =]

Back