• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

File backup (ftp, and multiple accounts if possible)

fsd

Hello, I am looking for file hosting. I want to store my personal files and want the ability to let other user get in (like a friend has their own account to access files, perhaps there own ftp account) (I will for sure be storing my own personal files, but also want to collaborate but don't need to share files publicly)

Currently I am using BOX.com and have 50g gigs for free but I cannot collaborate and have no FTP. (Same problem with my google drive, skydrive, adrive, and amazon cloud drive)

I need FTP access (cant stand those limited web uploads)

Probably won't need more than 5 gigs but more if possible

filesize limit has to be atleast 100mb (would love to be able to upload archive 7zips that are 1 gig or more)

looking to pay per year, like less than $30ish

I don't care if this is some webhosting account, as long as I am allowed to use it for file storage. (I can provide a personal domain)

I don't need pc /mac software/apps, sync, or any "advanced" features but if you have an android app that would be a huge plus!

I guess basically I am more comfortable with web hosting and want a web hosting account that allows personal file storage
Thank you so much for your time.

Last edited:
Torpix Computers : Backup

http://torpixcomputers.co.uk offers ftp backup solution
either to backup up personal data, business or VPS's ( Root access required )

15 GB FTP Backup: £9.99 / Mo

50 GB FTP Backup: £19.99 / Mo

120 GB FTP Backup: £29.99 / Mo

Get 10% Recurring off ( Use promo: 10OFF )

http://torpixcomputers.co.uk offers ftp backup solution
either to backup up personal data, business or VPS's ( Root access required )

15 GB FTP Backup: £9.99 / Mo

50 GB FTP Backup: £19.99 / Mo

120 GB FTP Backup: £29.99 / Mo

Get 10% Recurring off ( Use promo: 10OFF )

Thats hugely overpriced... If I wanted to spend $150+ a year on backup, there are much better options.

But thanks for your offer.

Hello,

We can do this for you, if you don't mind a standard cPanel shared hosting account. Please note that our TOS/AUP do prohibit file storage/large files, but that's to keep the kiddies away, who want to share their illegal MP3s and warez with their friends. As long as you stay within your plan limitations, don't overload the server, and keep the content legal, we don't really care how you use the space.

We don't really have a 5GB shared hosting plan, but we can take the Bronze Package (https://clients.wswd.net/cart.php?gid=1) and cut it in half for you.

314Hosting said:
Most of shared hosting companies would not provide aco----s for BACKUP data storage.

That's because most shared hosting companies oversell the hell out of their disk space. They offer 10GB or 20GB or what have you, knowing that the most disk space the majority of people are going to use is a couple hundred megabytes for a forum, or Wordpress site, or small photo gallery or such.

If you aren't overselling disk space, you shouldn't really care how clients use their space, so long as it's legal. The price you charge should completely cover the client using the entirety of their space.

We have a deal on a cloud vps that is going on right now.

1 Vcpu core
256 MB memory
5gb Space
2500 GB Bandwidth

this is $3.95 p/m

We will charge you $30.95 for a year Basically $16.45 off the regular price plus we will upgrade you to 8GB.
We can help you setup a control panel such as kloxo or webmin. If you decide to use us we will provide you
with a coupon all you have to do is pm us.

Back