• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fifa WorldCup 2002 results [Take 2]

Originally posted by allanh
hey, does anyone know where Taiwan ranks in World soccer? I don't know because I did not really care about soccer prior to this World Cup.
sorry to say its aroun #130-140 or something.

It's a shame to blame kahn. He was the best for every macth except the finals, and he gets blamed. He was touted as the best in history, yet a mistake caused him his reputation. That's just not fair! Brazil deserved to win though. Singapore has a 2010 goal, but I'm afraid it might be Goal 9999!

Originally posted by Jan
Australia is ranked 48 :cool:
your country got into worldcup right?

I hope SIngapore is still better than Saudi Arabia's 0-8 to Germany.

Last edited:
btw I like the official anthem for this year's worldcup, the final part. Sounded like Titanic - Hymn to the Sea at first.

They played it during Brazil holding the worldcup.

Last edited:
Originally posted by trenzterra
your country got into worldcup right?

Nope :cry2:

Cos the Australasian region was so easy to beat with New Zealand and all we had to beat the 5th placed South American team.. Uruguay (in Uruguay), and we unfortunately lost :(

But next World Cup I think we got a pretty good chance.

Originally posted by trenzterra

I hope SIngapore is still better than Saudi Arabia's 0-8 to Germany.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I honestly doubt it. If Singapore faced Germany, we might see scores somewhere around 0-12. The UAE is ranked 61 places higher than Singapore, and they got crushed by China (I think it was 4-0 or 5-0). So I don't think Singapore would have any chance.

BTW, about the FIFA anthem...it wasn't supposed to sound like the Titanic nor Christmas. Couldn't you identify the distinct Korean/Japanese motifs in the song?

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Sorry to disappoint you, but I honestly doubt it. If Singapore faced Germany, we might see scores somewhere around 0-12. The UAE is ranked 61 places higher than Singapore, and they got crushed by China (I think it was 4-0 or 5-0). So I don't think Singapore would have any chance.

BTW, about the FIFA anthem...it wasn't supposed to sound like the Titanic nor Christmas. Couldn't you identify the distinct Korean/Japanese motifs in the song?
Well I was expecting more than 0-12 actually. I was expecting 0-20 from Brazil. My sister says scores stop at 5. What's the maximum amount of goals allowed?

Did UAE enter worldcup? if so when?

The first two minutes sounds sad to me, I assume it was titanic, later on it sounded little like christmas before the the fun part comes in.

Song I downloaded: http://www.sonymusic.com.my/2002worldcup/media/full_h_track20.wax

Back