• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FFR needs a dedicated server

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
Ok we are moving up to dedicated server for our people. Now this is new for us so we might need helped out a little bit on the details. This server is gonna host our reselling company plus a personal site. I think 512MB ram and a 2.8GHZ P4 should go right down that ally :D Needs to have Cpanel+whm. Root access is a must. As much space and BW as possible becuase its gonna be mainly a reseller. SO start the bidding. max of 100$ a month.

Last edited:
MH-DED-1
Intel Celeron 2.0GHz • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 512MB RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $65 | $0 Setup
Add On Features
Cpanel W Fantastico Add 25.00
Plesk Power pack with unlimited domains 35.00
Direct Admin 15.00
Price: $65.00

MH-DED2
AMD SEMPRON 2600 • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 512MB DDR RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $70.00 | $19 Setup

Add ons
Direct Admin 15.00
Cpanel W Fantastico 25.00
Plesk With Power Pack Unlimited Domains 35.00

Price: $89.00

MH-DED4
Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz (800Mhz) • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 1024MB RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $90.00 | $0 Setup

Add Ons

Direct Admin 15.00
Price: $90.00

Last edited:
If uptime and consistency in bandwidth means a lot to you, I would recommend you to give www.serverpacket.com a look.

Intel P4 2.8Ghz 800 FSB
1GB RAM
80GB HDD
Bandwidth: 3000GB
IP Addresses: 5 usable Ips
100% Self Managed and Dedicated
FREE WHM/cPanel
Price: $159.95 a month

Nice looking alvohnd but I said 100$ max. And mikeerwin, and everyone else, I don't want any celeron offers. Thats why FFR is in this mess. Some guy overloaded a pitiful 2.4GHZ celeron. Who runs a celeron on a quality server anyways?

Your not going to get a quality DC for that price with a 2.8gHz. If you can raise your budget to $150.00/month we can offer

Pentium 4 2.8gHz
1GB RAM
cPanel/WHM with Fantastico
250GB disk
Same day setup
Hosted at "The Planet" in TX

PM me or email support@nextboxhosting.com

I talk that offer over with PkerHost. But let me rephrase. We really need a reseller because thats what we are gonna do. But we want to be the only company on the server. That way we don't have to share server rescources with everyone else. We also want to host a personal site on their. Does that clear up the question marks?

Hello,

In order to have stability, should I suggest that you raise your budget?
We have seem a few cheap dedicated provider out there that provides unmanaged servers, take LT for example, their cheapest for a P4 2.8Ghz is 89$ USD add in WHM will make it 114$ USD.

It'll be a bit harder for you to find cheap box and compare it stability wise.

Good luck in your search
Regards,

Well I'm wondering if we need that kind of power now? See we were running on a reseller account and we pulled a 16 load on a Celeron 2.4GHZ. Could we get by with a Celeron since we would be the only ones on the server?

eskick said:
just go to http://layeredtech.com the cheapest servers iv seen, fully managed!

Thing is I don't see any packages built for resellers on a dedicated server. Its either a reseller where you're sharing rescources, or a dedicated server which has too little space and bw to be a reseller.

If it's a full server, it's yours to make as many resellers as you want. Enough power for most people.

utcrazy said:
If it's a full server, it's yours to make as many resellers as you want. Enough power for most people.

OK then. I think I'll look at celerons. If anyone offers that I'm listening. And You get a real good look at if you offer free or low charge fee to upgrade to a larger server later (we plan to expand).

eskick said:
just go to http://layeredtech.com the cheapest servers iv seen, fully managed!

Just a side comment that LT plans come 100% Self-Managed.

Resellers or dedicated really depends on the site you're running, you can run smoothly on a celeron if you're hosting 1000 sites with only 1 page of html. However, if you run a forum that has ~500-1000 users only per time on a celeron, that could cause some problems to that site and the whole.

Most places, in order to offer reseller accounts you will most likely need root access to create the reseller accounts.

Regards,

Alright here is a recount.

I need a celeron or pentium 4 dedicated server.
It has to have Cpanel plus WHM so I can use it to resell
I must have root access
It must have enough space and bandwidth to actually resell
It must allow for me and anyone I resell to to use anonymous FTP
I don't want the company snooping into my clients accounts. It is for me and me only to uphold the TOS. I'm tired of having to patch things up between my clients and the ugly corporations
Thats about it. Resume bidding :D

mikeerwin said:
MH-DED-1
Intel Celeron 2.0GHz • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 512MB RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $65 | $0 Setup
Add On Features
Cpanel W Fantastico Add 25.00
Plesk Power pack with unlimited domains 35.00
Direct Admin 15.00
Price: $65.00

MH-DED2
AMD SEMPRON 2600 • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 512MB DDR RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $70.00 | $19 Setup

Add ons
Direct Admin 15.00

Price: $89.00

MH-DED4
Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz (800Mhz) • 80GB IDE Hard Drive • 1024MB RAM • Bandwidth: 1000GB • IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable) • Private VLAN • Basic Resource Monitoring • FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows* • 100% Self Managed and Dedicated Monthly Fee Options: • $90.00 | $0 Setup

Add Ons

Direct Admin 15.00
Price: $90.00

Hello Mike, I am still waiting for you to explain why you charged $2.400 US Dollars after just three days of "hosting" claiming that I consumed 2.4TB when the domains were just bought off Yahoo last week?

And plese have some dignity and release my files and a backup. You pulled a big scam with me, so at least send me a full backup of the files.

Warning everyone: Mike Erwin is the same guy that until yesterday was using the Millenium Hosting username, big fat ugly scam.

I can offer you XP2400 box with 512MB RAM / 80GB HD / 500GB / cPanel transfer at $105/month. You will get free Fantastico license. You have full root access to the server

let me know if you are interested
thanks

i don't think 500gig bandw is gonna be enough for a great hosting and named ffrhosting.com ....think it's gonna use a lot more than that...

Back