• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FDA Will Control The Cigarette

meh, doesnt effect me. packs could me 1k for all i care. that ---- tastes nasty and is just plain gross, so, i would rather spend my money on something else. sucks for smokers though. maybe it will be incentive to quit. ;)

They "banned" indoor smoking at restaurants here. So the ones that wanted to keep allowing smoking (ex. some restaurants with bars) require you to be 18 to enter. At the school I'm taking summer classes at, there are 'no smoking' symbols outside everywhere, yet everybody smokes. Often in front of them.

Whenever I'm smoking outside and somebody walks by while doing a fake cough and making a disgusted face, I have to resist the urge to break their lower jaw.

They've banned smoking indoors in England here, and tbh, I really like it. Saves going out for a meal, coming back, and smelling like ----.

Some places around this area allow smokng inside others do not its more of a per restaurant basis. I personally prefer the ones that dont allow it. Does not smell like an ash tray when you sit down to eat that way :p

City ordinances don't allow smoking indoors here, except at Hookah bars. I think the ordinance says something about businesses whose primary income comes from smoking. That's a college town for you - the voting base is primarily liberal, so they'll ban smoking, except when it comes to Hookah bars.

My friend smokes (and does marijuana, but thats another story), and once he went without a cig for like 12 hours, he was getting really blurry vision, and was all shakey. Hes so addicted, i don't want to start smoking

My friend smokes (and does marijuana, but thats another story), and once he went without a cig for like 12 hours, he was getting really blurry vision, and was all shakey. Hes so addicted, i don't want to start smoking

There's no withdrawal from weed (it's not physically addictive) unless you use it to sleep. Then you have trouble sleeping for like 2 nights.

I am a huge promoter for legalizing marijuana its a hundred times safer than cigarettes in pretty much every way. I am so glad they are regulating cigarettes more and more, no offense but there is no point to them at all. I mean every single person I know who smokes wants to quit. It's pretty dumb. At least marijuana is all natural and has real medicinal purposes, cigarettes do only one thing, get you addicted (and help you die faster).

I am a huge promoter for legalizing marijuana its a hundred times safer than cigarettes in pretty much every way. I am so glad they are regulating cigarettes more and more, no offense but there is no point to them at all. I mean every single person I know who smokes wants to quit. It's pretty dumb. At least marijuana is all natural and has real medicinal purposes, cigarettes do only one thing, get you addicted (and help you die faster).

Hey now, there's no point in regulating any recreational drug. People will still use them. I can find anything from weed to crack within about 1/4mi of my house.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/06/news-roundup-fda-to-control-cigarettes.html

The FDA will have power over basically all aspects of cigarette companies. They will ban "light" and flavored cigarettes, as well as advertising to young people, they will also make cigarette companies to print bigger warning labels, and list ingredients that cigarettes have, as well as reduce the amount of nicotine in the cigarettes.
All done here.
They can't advertise "light", so they replaced with "distinct"
No advertisement. All cigarettes now have to be hidden behind solid counters
We have big ugly advertisements that take up half of the pack. black lungs or yellow teeth are my favorite

Reducimg the amount of nicotnie will increse cigarete sales, duh. you'll have to smoke 2 to get the effect of 1

Sounds exactly like my friend....

I agree, cigarettes are dangerous and way too addicting.
They should make weed legal though.

What exactly is the point of "reducing" the amount of nicotine? I've never been a smoker, but I understand that tobacco is carcinogenic, and nicotine is not. Therefore, if you reduce the amount of nicotine in a cigarette the smoker has to smoke more tobacco not less to inhale an equal amount of nicotine, and that means increasing (not decreasing) their risk of cancer. That just sounds like a bad policy to me!

By the Way "DavidsAwesome", a pack of 25's in Australia costs $13-$14.

wtf? no they dont pallmall's are only 9.90 for a pack of 25's and Winfield is like 11 for a pack of 25's
Longbeach are 13-14$ for a packet of 30s & a packet of 40s is 15.90.. ur on drugs man.

oh and u think what they are doing is bad over there?
look at our packets...
cigs.png

Last edited:
wtf? no they dont pallmall's are only 9.90 for a pack of 25's and Winfield is like 11 for a pack of 25's
Longbeach are 13-14$ for a packet of 30s & a packet of 40s is 15.90.. ur on drugs man.

oh and u think what they are doing is bad over there?
look at our packets...
cigs.png
If I go to Australia again and I'm still smoking, I'm totally bringing a fat wedge marker to the store when I buy cigarettes so I won't have to look at that ----.

I never sit and stared at the pack when I smoked - open, remove cigarette, replace in pocket. I don't think the pictures would be that much of a deterrent, except that I compulsively read every word on packaging when bored.

Just be glad you don't buy cigarettes in New Hampshire.

A New Hampshire man says he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and was charged over 23 quadrillion dollars.

Josh Muszynski (Moo-SIN'-ski) checked his account online a few hours later and saw the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500 (twenty-three quadrillion, one hundred forty-eight trillion, eight hundred fifty-five billion, three hundred eight million, one hundred eighty-four thousand, five hundred dollars).

Muszynski says he spent two hours on the phone with Bank of America trying to sort out the string of numbers and the $15 overdraft fee.

The bank corrected the error the next day.

Bank of America tells WMUR-TV only the card issuer, Visa, could answer questions. Visa, in turn, referred questions to the bank.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/31920145/

Back