• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Favorite Mac Applications

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
so, I have been using Mac now for about 2 years, and I am still finding new applications all the time to make my experience even better. So, I am personally interested in seeing what other Mac users here use and love. I personally love all of the iLife apps. I am also a big fan of Forklift. Of course I am a fan or Adobe CS5 Master Suite, but, I am more interested in Mac only apps that are cool.

If you are a Mac hater, please keep your comments to yourself. I dont feel like reading posts from trolls that hate Mac for whatever reason they have.

That being said, what are your favorite apps.

if you hate mac, why would you want one? i hate the fanboys that think there is no better and are obsessed with mac, but, i do like my mac a lot i must admit. so, back on topic, anyone have any good programs?

if you hate mac, why would you want one? i hate the fanboys that think there is no better and are obsessed with mac, but, i do like my mac a lot i must admit. so, back on topic, anyone have any good programs?
Cause I really do want one :p I just felt like spammin ur threads

im gonna check out that cybeduck app tonight when i get home from work. im trying to get the windows beta version so i can test it at work too. i dont really need sequelpro since i have mamp pro on my mac, and i have text wrangler too. i dont use it for much. i like coda for dev. so, i gues for a Mac only app, i would say to try out Coda.

http://www.panic.com/coda/

free download of trial there. i have full version. it is great, and i highly recommend it.

I think out of all the apps available, the ones I use most are:

Firefox (sometimes Safari 5)
Messenger:mac 8 (part of Office 2011)
Tweetie
iTunes 10
Word:mac 8 (part of Office 2011)
MacJournal
Photoshop
iPhoto '09 (soon to upgrade to iPhoto '11)
iMovie '09 (soon to upgrade to iMovie '11)
Dropzone
CleanMyMac
Courier
Flickery
Flow
MacLoc
Spotify
Transmission

I have two macs, but I'm trying to find reasons to use them over my Windows. Besides iPhone programming... I don't have any reason to like it more than Windows.

I have two macs, but I'm trying to find reasons to use them over my Windows. Besides iPhone programming... I don't have any reason to like it more than Windows.
Same, but here's a few of mine.

Adium; AirVideo; AppZapper; Celestia; CleanMyMac; Coda; Cyberduck; DejaMenu; iDefrag; iPhone PNG Converter; MacPilot; MAMP Pro; Opera; RapidShare Manager; Switch; Unarchiver; Thunderbird; WifiSync. iWOW (iTunes PlugIn)

Last edited:
My most favorite Mac applications are Caffeine, MAMP, ImageWell, Bento, LaunchBar and 1Password. I recommend these applications mostly because they are useful for everyone.

My favorite Mac apps: Hazel, Alfred, Pathfinder, CleanMyMac, Chrome, TextExpander (awesome), DropBox, Evernote, Coda (web code)

1) quicksilver
2) preview.app
3) kod
4) coda
5) cyberduck
6) adium
7) movist
8) spotlight
9) carbon copy cloner
10) twitter for mac / echofon
11) skitch

Back