• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

extra ftp accounts

Not quite sure how to answer that without breaking the rules!

Basically any host should be able to provide this.
Most hosts seem to be charging about $2 per month for extra FTP accounts.

You can also get hosting plans that have extra FTP accounts as standard. This is a lot cheaper in the long run.

Gordon

well I am hoping that they give a couple of extra ftp for free. BTW they also must also a domain name to point to an extra ftp .

Originally posted by Johnny
BTW they also must also a domain name to point to an extra ftp .

You need to ask about domain pointers (pointing to subdirectories). This is a whole 'nuther feature beyond addl. FTP accounts.

I know of some, but none that I could personally recommend from any experience. If you just want ones to check out, I'll dig up some URLs for you. They won't come with recommendations however.

Here's the URL of a script you can use to do your own domain pointers:

http://www.scriptsolutions.com/programs/free/domaindirector/

I tested it yesterday and it works, but you need:

1. To be able to have the DNS for each domain pointed to the same web hosting account with a fixed IP address.

2. You need to be able to run CGI programs from outside the cgi-bin. A lot of hosts don't allow this. usually any using CGI wrap do though.

Its possible to get round point 2 by modifying the .htaccess file to look for the index file in the cgi-bin but you would probably have to rewrite the script because the relative locations of the directories would be different.....

Gordon

Back