• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Experiences with pixelhosting.be

CaFFeinE said:
However, how is it that i can still reach my old webmail at http://www.darkgrid.com/webmail/ when that shouldn't exist on the new domain?

That webmail is also available on our servers.

Code:
[root@server1 root]# host [url]www.darkgrid.com[/url]
[url]www.darkgrid.com[/url] is an alias for darkgrid.com.
darkgrid.com has address 209.123.255.77
[root@server1 root]#

That is correct.

Code:
[root@server1 root]# dig [url]www.darkgrid.com[/url]

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> [url]www.darkgrid.com[/url]
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 49620
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;[url]www.darkgrid.com[/url].              IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
[url]www.darkgrid.com[/url].       14378   IN      CNAME   darkgrid.com.
darkgrid.com.           14378   IN      A       209.123.255.77

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
darkgrid.com.           172778  IN      NS      ns1.pixelhosting.net.
darkgrid.com.           172778  IN      NS      ns2.pixelhosting.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.pixelhosting.net.   157599  IN      A       216.67.225.17
ns2.pixelhosting.net.   157599  IN      A       216.67.225.18

;; Query time: 6 msec
;; SERVER: 65.215.220.12#53(65.215.220.12)
;; WHEN: Sat Apr 17 11:15:58 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 148

[root@server1 root]#

And this is also correct.
So if you are having problems with this, it's your ISP's dns servers that aren't working properly. I suggest trying to change your DNS servers in your PC's network settings.

Kind Regards,
S. Van Baelen
Pixelation Studio

Tell the ISP that you will search for another ISP if they don't fix it. Every customer of your ISP cannot reach your website and send you mail. If they don't react, go to a lawyer. When I told my former ISP to contact a lawyer they solved the problem within hours, but I was supported by the local nic-authority. They helped me a lot. Maybe http://bbb.org/ can help you, if nothing helps.

Last edited:
Hello,

Well, I've contacted my ISP and sent then all the info.
Sent a tracert from my PC showing the trace going to my old IP, and a trace from University of Washington showing the correct trace. They said they will get on it. They have always been excellent with the support they give, so should be fixed soon.

Btw...I just got today all the emails that pixelhosting sent regarding this snafu...ugh.

I apologise for getting upset with you guys, it seems now that you did everything in your power to let me know, I just didnt get them. :S

Heh, on a side note..buddy who I had tracrt darkgrid.com from his box said my site was one of the fastest he'd ever pinged...lol... nice work pixelhost!

- CaFF

Back