• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Everybody brag about your dog

foo2thabar

NLC
Because I love dogs.

Here's my German Shepherd / Border Collie mix I adopted at the end of December. Local homie was going through a divorce and couldn't keep her. He'd been feeding her either Dog Chow or Iams/Eukanuba, one of those brands you probably shouldn't feed your dog, so her coat was coarse and she had dandruff like crazy. I switched her to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul (REALLY GOOD dog food and not that expensive, $26.99+TX for 18lbs here) and now her coat's like silk with no skin issues.

I think she was beaten before he got her, she was a humane society pup before, so I'm working on getting her to be more confident. She's very skittish and a huge 'fraidy cat. I'm also working on basic training with her as a watch-dog while keeping her socialized and friendly. It's tough to have both a watch-dog and a people-dog but she's progressing. Her distinctive AROOOO has woken me up in the middle of the night a few times already.

My dad's helping with the watch-dog training - he's raised several dogs, from a herd of pit bulls (Tuesday, Wednesday, Pugsly, Ti Fille) to chihuahuas to a wolf-dog hybrid (Hazel - I hear she was pretty but that she turned vicious later in life). I think he had over 20 dogs at one point before I was born, so he's been a huge help.

Her name is Samantha and she was a whopping 40.2lbs at her most recent vet visit ... about the frame of a border collie. She's 3 months shy of turning 2. One of the smartest dogs I've ever met.

samantha.jpg

Last edited:
My dog who I had since he was small enough to fit in my hand passed away a few months ago at the age of 14. During his life, he survived a vicious german sheppard attack and a bout with cancer, but his old age caught up and he was in too much pain to stand up any more when he had to be put down.

:(

My dog who I had since he was small enough to fit in my hand passed away a few months ago at the age of 14. During his life, he survived a vicious german sheppard attack and a bout with cancer, but his old age caught up and he was in too much pain to stand up any more when he had to be put down.

:(

I'm sorry man. :(

I'm close to losing one of my other dogs - my Rat Terrier I've had since he was 6 weeks old. He's about to be 13 now. He's in poor health - arthritis, doggie dementia (he'll literally forget he's eaten and clang his bowl around an hour after his meal), and miraculously survived severe pancreatitis and swallowing a bone that clogged up his digestion. I know it's going to happen eventually but it's still going to be hard - I love that dog, he got me through two parent divorces and two custody battles.

D'aw, she's adorable. I don't have a dog and haven't since I was a young kid. I still remember her though, Butch. That's was her name, not as in she was butch. :p

I have two Golden Retrievers, I'll try to post some pictures later. I feed them Science Diet dog food ($40 or so for 35 lbs) and they love it. Keeps them in excellent shape as well! Nick - I'm sorry to hear that. It's better to put an animal down than to let it suffer, though.

Last edited:
I don't have a dog, but my work moved to a new office with a resident dog:

20673_324063779243_500434243_3354116_6182108_n.jpg

His name is Cowboy. He's very sweet, and listens very well. I told him to sit down so I could take this picture, and all he did for 3-4 minutes was move his head right when I clicked the shutter so I didn't get his face in the picture, heh.

I have two Golden Retrievers, I'll try to post some pictures later. I feed them Science Diet dog food ($40 or so for 35 lbs) and they love it. Keeps them in excellent shape as well! Nick - I'm sorry to hear that. It's better to put an animal down than to let it suffer, though.

Just FYI- foods like Science Diet can cause some dogs to develop allergies (mostly because of the corn). If they start choking randomly (sounds kind of like a doggie asthma attack) or you notice any dry skin, switch them to something without corn or soy (Blue Buffalo doesn't and is usually available at PetSmart, PetCo, etc) and it'll usually be taken care of it was a food allergy. It's more common than most people realize.

notnamed: Aw, we had a dumpster cat at the pizza place I worked for. He was crazy.

Back