• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Europe] Looking for dedicated server

Tyler

NLC
Hey everyone,

We're looking for a dedicated server in Europe.

First request:

Dual quad intel xeon E5620 (4x 2.40Ghz with 12MB cache per CPU)
48GB DDR3 Memory
4x500GB RAID-10 (WD Enterprise, Adaptec card preferred with BBU)
5TB monthly transfer with 1Gbps connectivit
DDoS protection preferred, not required.
/28 IPv4 block.

Second request:

Dual quad intel xeon X5649 (6x 2.533Ghz, 12MB cache per CPU)
96GB DDR3 Memory
4x300GB SAS 15000 RPM, Adaptec card preferred with BBU
10TB monthly transfer with 1Gbps connectivity
DDoS protection preferred, not required.
/27 IPv4 block.

Also, we may be ordering several of these over the next few months.

Discuss.

It's called CIDR notation. I learned it when I was a junior in high school during my CCNA course. It's confusing to those who don't understand.

I was just noticing that one was a /28 block and the other was a /27 block. What is the difference between the two?

Hmm... no offer?

Either there's a lack of Europe hosts, a lack of resellers based in Europe, or all the people offering dedicated servers left this forum. I remember two years ago (or longer?) there were boatloads of dedicated hosts advertising here.

Oh well, was worth a shot.

Hi,
I would like to offer you following server in Netherlands, Europe

Dual quad Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz
48GB DDR3 Memory
4x500GB RAID-10 (Hardware)
5TB monthly transfer with 1Gbps connectivity
16 IP addresses

Price: $749

Kindly visit our website: http://www.litservers.com or contact with our sales department to order it ..

Hi,
I would like to offer you following server in Netherlands, Europe

Dual quad Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz
48GB DDR3 Memory
4x500GB RAID-10 (Hardware)
5TB monthly transfer with 1Gbps connectivity
16 IP addresses

Price: $749

Kindly visit our website: http://www.litservers.com or contact with our sales department to order it ..

Sorry, I was looking into your business a few months ago and as a general rule of the thumb we do not use resellers.

Sander, we're still looking for offers so that's absolutely fine. :)

Dear Tyler

i can do you a offer , but it is not the servers you are likely want to have (Xeon) , but they are equal to what you like to have depending for what you need it ofcourse

i can offer a I7 920 ( 4X 2.6GHZ ) or I7 970 ( 6X 3.2GHZ) and they can both contain the ram you like ( standard is 12GB ram and 24 GB ram )

The traffic is "unmetered" , that means that we do not monitor the traffic betwean 2 am and 10 am GMT+1 , if your traffic exeed the rate of 40mbps for 10 days long then it get capped to a 10mbps line (exept if you got 100mbps dedicated line ofcourse)

we do offer a 1GB line for 120€ per month (same rule above apply) or a dedicated 100mbps line for same price

The I7 920 got a basic price of 135€/m
The I7 970 got a price of 160€/m
prices and setup cost get cheaper depending on the order terms
both servers contains 2TB hd ( 2X 1TB ) and can contain up to 4 extra hds of 2TB
there is no extra cost for extra hd's , only a setup cost of 120€ per hd

ip's are sold for 1.5€ per ip (exept the blocks ,can get special prices for that and cheaper if long term orders )

we do offer Hardware raid or software raid ( hardware got again a setup cost of 250€)

The reason why we do a setup cost is to keep the montly cost low , you basicly just buy the hardware so why should we charge per month again for it ??

The servers got a 1X setup cost of 80€ if you buy per month , get cheaper when you buy for a longer term

The servers are located in germany , a demo of the quality can be found at http://powerchaos.com and http://boosterking.com ( powerchaos => website , boosterking => file server )

for more info , please go to http://dehost.org and you can see all detais
to complete the custom order and to get a more custom price (a exact quote) , please contact the sales department at sales@powerchaos.com with the exact things you like to have so we can give you a exact price for it

then as extra offer i can offer certian servers in antwerp (belguim) ( only dual core avaible at this moment with 4GB ram) but those are to expensive at this moment for what you probaly need it ( 50€ per mbit) , if needed i can provide you a quote for antwerp to

Thank you
Greetings From PowerChaos

Hi Crasher,

Can you link me to some reviews over on WHT about your datacenter? I just had a quick peak at your site (dehost.org) and frankly your site blew me away. Other then the fact it was a default template, You Capitalize A Lot Of Words In Your Terms Of Service Like So.

Just, yeah. The actual price sounds decent but I would like to see reviews from other people before going with your datacenter -- no offence intended.

reviews and a bit more information provided by pm as requested

i hope that my pm can make it easier to make a decision

Greetings From PowerChaos

Hey Tyler,

Are you still in the market?

We've got our new IBM Systems X3630s all racked up and ready to deliver within 1-2 hours. They are ready with the 2x E5620 CPUs.

p.s., no X5649, its E series.

Last edited:
We're still in the process of reviewing potential EU hosts and will get back to you once we've made a decision via email :)

Back