• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Enquiring about hosting.

AvailNetworks said:
if you are getting a decent amount of traffic, to earn revenue why dont you throw some ads up on there to gain some revenue.

I did place some ads on the site but got no clicks in two weeks and was getting about 4 cents a click. Getting about $0.20 a month wont help.

AvailNetworks said:
but the whole 90gb of bandwidth for so little cash.....let those hosts die quietly, they will eventually burn themselves out

Well I have been hosted with them for a year (on a lower plan $3.55 for 400mb and 14GB BW) and only have praise for them.

For a change. And because I have two sites currently hosted on the package and want to seperate them so i thought I would try out another company.

AvailNetworks said:
was not pointing at you directly, forgive me if it seemed that way. I was making a general statement about the hosting community

In that case, I misunderstood. In the "new era", paying $4.00/mo for 300 GB is overselling.

maybe I am still a bit old school, even though I have been around a touch under a year. I generally charge higher than most companies I think, to be honest I really havent compared my plans to many others, never needed to. I think eventually the hosting business is going to drive itself into the dirt if it keeps going the way 1and1 is with the ridiculously low prices/transfer. I know me personally I would love to have far less people on my systems and have them pay more (which i do). The people that pay more tend to have far lower support tickets and in the rare occasion something may happen they are easily understandable and more forgiving. Right now 99% of my sites are business customers paying over $20/mo, server load is at .33...smooth as glass, everyone is happy

and if you are currently happy with your host I would honestly stay. it is hard to find a host you are happy with and can stay with for more than 8 seconds, count yourself lucky

Well I still have three months left of hosting with that company, I just want to open my options in advance see what else it out there. Maybe I should focus more on earning revenue and fixing my site and then look elsewhere for hosting in the later future.

that I think would be a better track of thinking, and regarding the small revenue you earned from adwords.. it was a couple cents that you didn't have before! :) even the most successful of operations starts with a single transaction

But when hosting costs $10 a month and you are earning $0.25 a month, things dont work out. I only have less then $20 in my paypal. After three months my site will just go down, wont be able to afford it. But I have no clue how to increase CTR.

Manero said:
But when hosting costs $10 a month and you are earning $0.25 a month, things dont work out. I only have less then $20 in my paypal. After three months my site will just go down, wont be able to afford it. But I have no clue how to increase CTR.

You really cannot expect to earn a good income from ads, especially on a mediocre populated site.

Well i would make my site have say subscriber benefits but I am not to good at intergraitng a subscriber script on the site.

that may be something good to look into. Having a site with no revenue and nothing to financially back it can be difficult. Would you know of any sponsors that would like to have a banner on your site in exchange for hosting/monetary compensation?

AvailNetworks said:
that may be something good to look into. Having a site with no revenue and nothing to financially back it can be difficult. Would you know of any sponsors that would like to have a banner on your site in exchange for hosting/monetary compensation?

No I dont know any sponsors. It isnt easy finding people who will host for a banner.

you are correct, but you never know who might give you a couple bucks for it. Your best bet is the google adsense and just build up your site a bit, try to grab some extra revenue somewhere

Registered through: DomainRightNow
Domain Name: PRECISION-HOSTING.COM
Created on: 27-Jan-06
Expires on: 27-Jan-07
Last Updated on: 28-Jan-06

Back