• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dubai

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
Has anyone ever been there?

I'm taking a business trip to Dubai in October (and hey, that marks a whole ----ing DECADE here on fws!), and would like to know if there are any places of interest that you might recommend, whether it's scenic, food, entertainment, other must sees, etc.

Usually, from my experience, plain ol' tourist attractions are overrated. I'd prefer to visit places that actual people have been to and have had a great experience in, and not just the same locations that every brochure would list. More often than not, those are rip-offs, in my opinion anyway.

PS. Ideally, places I won't have to sell my kidney to get in to. Free would be a great plus. ;)

All I know in Dubai is that the tallest building in the world is there .. but that's already been posted. But I hear they have really nice sand.

They have LOADS of ruins/memorials/histroy museums. You'd have to google that stuff though, don't know many by heart. I'd love to go it's just stupidly expensive. Cheaper to go to Australia lol.

The Al-Burj, which I'm guessing is already on your list by now.

By the way, wasn't there some serious economic turmoil w.r.t Dubai in the later part of 2009. How did Dubai rectify itself so quick?

The Al-Burj, which I'm guessing is already on your list by now.

By the way, wasn't there some serious economic turmoil w.r.t Dubai in the later part of 2009. How did Dubai rectify itself so quick?
Oil no doubt.

Back