• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dreamhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2162896&highlight=dreamhost

Search this forum. In there TOS they have a clause, that if you use more than about 2GB bandwidth a day, they cancel your account. Also they limit the HTTP and SQL connections to your site, meaning that if your website is busy, many users will see the: "Unable to Connect" or "Connection Refused" error.

Also, search webhostingtalk, you will find no possitive reviews, yet many bad ones.

It's one of them: "Too good to be true!!" hosts.

I got the newsletter from DH:

No more CPU minute restrictions!

"Crazy overselling!" What's that all about? Well, if you like to read,

http://blog.dreamhost.com/2006/05/18/the-truth-about-overselling/

will explain it all! And see that little "post-script" at the "bottom"?

Well, we're sick and tired of people being sick and tired of getting
disabled for "cpu minute" overages! ESPECIALLY when we don't even have
any real set "cpu minute" levels for plans, or a tab on our web panel
where you can track your usage.

So "guess" what?! We've changed our "cpu minute" "policy" "for the
better!" We no longer HAVE any limits on "cpu minutes". Maybe it's just
semantics, and maybe it's just "crazy overselling", but as long as your
site or scripts aren't causing problems with the server, you are IN THE
CLEAR!

Let's say you're not IN THE CLEAR though.. don't worry! We'll work with
you! We're adding a BUNCH of new servers to help "get" the average load
per web server down, and we'll work with high-load people to get their
usage down or their butts onto a new server that can handle it. What a
sweet web host.. let no one accuse US of "crazy overselling," and we
won't accuse THEM.

Recommended. Top notch support!

I dont see anything wrong with them really. I have an adult site with decent traffic but the uptime is almost 99%. I only noticed a few hours of slowdown within a day (but the site is still up), which is acceptable for a budget host. Plus i used their "rewards" program and i got paid 60$ in return !!! :lol: I can provide a screenshots if you want, but please PM me as im not going to share it in public, just in case.

All i can say is, go try it yourself. If you are not satisfied then you can just cancel it after a month. I myself have been a member for 5 months and i never had any problems with them.

Plus because i have referred a few members, i dont have to pay any bills during that 5 months, and like i mentioned before, they send me a 60$ payout to my paypal account for the reward bonuses :lol: Too good to be true indeed, but you have to try it to believe it.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this up guys but where do we usually find updates about new product promotions from Dreamhost recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back