• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Downtime

Todd

NLC
NLC
Just a quick note to say that we're working on a kernel upgrade, and the server will have to be rebooted in a few minutes. [Update: Within 30 minutes, not within a few.] If all goes well we should be back within a few minutes after that.

i was wondering what was wrong with my computer cuz this site was down and my site was donw.

sEp said:
and you're back!
I've been away from the forum for a while, but I have been around the back end to take care of things. :) Thanks for dealing with the downtime as we try a new kernel to see if it helps fix some issues we've been having.

Was that supposed to fix DB errors too? :p

Edit: waiting waiting waiting for reply to post.

*hits submit again.

We've completed our work on the server and we hope to have solved the random lock up issue. As always we will continue to monitor it, and we appreciate your patience. There was about 5 minutes of downtime after the reboot as I had to recompile an important kernel module. Everything else went as expected.

Sorry for those delays Jan, but we re-sync'd the sites content with our backup server and the load spiked. That's why you were waiting waiting waiting. It should be better now. :)

Back