• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

downtime on holidays

I didn't notice any downtime at all with wswd.net

We usually get pretty good uptime on our shared servers. The hardware you're on is only a couple months old, but we have plenty that have been up for almost a year straight with no downtime. The server where our main site is hosted has been up for 180 days, and about 176 before that (we needed a quick reboot)...so about 2 minutes downtime for a year. Hopefully it will stay that way! ha ha! :) I don't remember our exact record, but we have had servers in the past, that have long been retired, up for almost 500 days straight. The newer hardware these days seem to need a quick kick every 6 months to a year, but those old Pentiums and original Xeons would literally run for years straight and take all sorts of abuse. They just don't make them like they used to. LOL

We had some downtime on one of our VPS nodes right after Christmas. Only affected the one server. We originally thought it was just the BBU that failed, but it ended up being the entire RAID card that fried, which in turn corrupted the drive array. That was a fun one to deal with. ha ha!

Not sure why a hosting provider with good rankings and traffic would post a one-liner like that! Some providers on this forum really confuse me at times, not exactly painting themselves a good image.

What holidays?

In these parts the work never stops, conditions can be too tough for the mailman and I'll still be there keeping after my servers.

Once and a while there will be a network blip, but for the most part things stay quite stable year round.

Even if it's holidays there are always staff on shifts to look after the server and support. No issues there. I was personally on holidays and thing still worked fine on its own.

I don't think that any server has downtime during the holidays. Having a downtime during the holidays will stop the website working and this will harm the traffic of the website.

Downtime during holidays can happen however most of the hosting providers are available 24/7/365 days to make sure that the server is up all the time.

Nice way to bump a thread with no replies in over a year .... *sigh*

What is it with these damn newbies?

Yes, there seems to be a monthly trend around the holidays and directly after the holiday. I have also noticed a trend with severe weather in certain areas - this results in higher web traffic.

Yes, there seems to be a monthly trend around the holidays and directly after the holiday. I have also noticed a trend with severe weather in certain areas - this results in higher web traffic.

It really depends on how big/powerful you server is, and the amount of requests you receive.

There shouldn't be any downtime, not during holidays, not any time. We have never experienced anything like that.

I never face this type of situation, Few years ago I was use iomart and they told me that everyone is on holiday from Christmas to New year excluding tech support.

Back