• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dot.TK Now offers Free DNS!?!

They've been offering it for years? I used to have control of DNS about 3-5 years ago. I just asked them to set it up.

The Free DNS features is just open for free users recently.
B4 this, they charge you for using the DNS

anyway, i'm using it now, so far so good

Its a great service. Free DNS is offered by cz.cc and co.cc

Their hosting can be used in an advanced way if your webhost supports it. You can signup for a free domain at .tk

Then get a free hosting package from qupis.com and use your domain with Qupis hosting. I wonder if you can use google apps using this free domain service.

Did you know that your site can only have 5 unique visitors every 10 minutes? So if in ten minutes, you have more then that, rest of your users gets redirected to the dot.tk's site or their ad site or simillar....

Thats why i dont like dot.tk.

Did you know that your site can only have 5 unique visitors every 10 minutes? So if in ten minutes, you have more then that, rest of your users gets redirected to the dot.tk's site or their ad site or simillar....

Thats why i dont like dot.tk.

Interesting, I never knew about this. I'm assuming you have something to back this up..

i have to pull back wat i said about them.
if your website that is using the .tk domain.
when the traffic has become high, u will lose ur domain.
they will take back the domain and point it to their own domain parking site when the traffic has become very high so that they can earn the profit.

once they take back the domain for this purpose, u will be not able to reregister that domain, they will hold it for themself.

i am 1 of the victim.

i have to pull back wat i said about them.
if your website that is using the .tk domain.
when the traffic has become high, u will lose ur domain.
they will take back the domain and point it to their own domain parking site when the traffic has become very high so that they can earn the profit.

once they take back the domain for this purpose, u will be not able to reregister that domain, they will hold it for themself.

i am 1 of the victim.
Let me guess... Domain name registrar will take that domain name back? :talk:

I'm actually pretty glad I read this post. I was thinking about hopping over from my co.cc domain over to a .tk one. From what I am reading it sounds kind of sketchy to use a .tk domain on an up and coming website with lots of traffic. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Let me guess... Domain name registrar will take that domain name back? :talk:

yes, if u use the .tk domain as a free domain.
they take back the domain and they earn by pointing it to their domain parking site.

as i know, only those paid ones since the beginning will not face this problem

I used a .tk domain two years back. But the domain was automatically disappeared. Now i see what had happen.

Back