• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

domain hosting / ftp / reasonably reliable

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Anyone know of a free host offering domain hosting and FTP with no ads? Especially if it's one catering specially for little personal journal/art sites and such. Something that is somewhat reliable and a decent speed would be great.

Thanks in advance...

<add>On second thought, FTP isn't really vital. It would be useful, but I'm not too worried if the host hasn't got it.</add>

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, but Fateback don't have domain hosting. :)

Does anybody else know of a free host with domain hosting and no ads which is reasonably reliable? (When I say no ads, I mean no banners or pop-ups. Button/text link is fine.) Doesn't matter about FTP, as long as their file manager is Opera-friendly. ;)

Fateback has domain hosting

I thing fateback can host your domain But they are very slow.
Try portland.co.uk if you want slow connection :D

Re: Fateback has domain hosting

Originally posted by riseup
I thing fateback can host your domain But they very slow.
Try portland.co.uk if you want slow connection :D

Whats so slow @ fateback?:confused:
They are fast for me:)

And I think fateback.com doesn't host domains.

Last edited:
Mmm

I do not know if now fateback doesn't support domain because when I try to open Fateback with this computer but it forward to yahoo :( But last month I hosted my domain with fateback. Because the connection is very slow so I move change hosting for my domain.
Tripod is more slow than fateback ... I like tripod because I can manage and put my pic on the ads :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by KBC
How much webspace is your current site using up? ;) I might be able to host you... :)

At the moment it isn't even using 1mb! All my journal & archives are kept on my pitas.com blogging account, the only thing I would need to store in the hosting account is images used on whatever layout I put up at the time, and I intend to put some lyrics of mine & also some photography and artwork. I'm guessing 10mb would be plenty, I doubt I would even use that much (especially at first).

If you need domain hosting, and hardly need anything, try asking on the section5.net forums. Micheal the server admin might add you as soon as the new server is up.

anhedonia, How much space do you need because I offer 10MB, MySQL, FTP, Domain Hosting(even though it is not in the oficial list), Ensim CP, Squirrel Mail (you@you.com), WoltLab Burning Board 1.1.1 installed free, and more.

This releases this afternoon.. accounts are running out VERY fast! :)

(Oh yes, and I had 3IM's open last night about this... sheesh.. I NEED a vacation! :'()

Originally posted by anhedonia

At the moment it isn't even using 1mb! All my journal & archives are kept on my pitas.com blogging account, the only thing I would need to store in the hosting account is images used on whatever layout I put up at the time, and I intend to put some lyrics of mine & also some photography and artwork. I'm guessing 10mb would be plenty, I doubt I would even use that much (especially at first).

:) :) :)

lol . . . take it easy communityone. You will be my first reseller, it may take a little while for me to convert your account from "free" to a "R1", and yet keep your mySQL database and current info. ;)

anhedonia, try this site

Anhedonia,
www.Web1000.com offers 50mb ad free domain hosting, FTP uploads, and all the good stuff. I've had a site there for a few months with no problems. My only gripe is that they have a system in place that(I'm guessing) moves your files to the appropriate server after you upload them, so they can be seen. So, expect to wait 5-15 mins after you upload a file before it's actually viewable via your URL.

They even include a pre-installed YaBB message board.

They seem to have a decent connection, I uploaded a bandwidth test script to my site, feel free to check your speed with it.
http://www.generalsupplements.com/speedtest/

and another one here

http://www.generalsupplements.com/performance/

Thanks,
-Dave-

Bruce,

Click on signup, accept the terms(Click YES), the link is at the top of the next page in the signup.

"Check the availability of your hosted sub-domain name,
or click here to have your own domain name hosted with us."

Thanks,
-Dave-

Back