• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain+hosting=40$?

gyrbo

Allied Squad Trooper
NLC
I'm making a website for a small club my father is in. I need a domain and hosting for it. My total budget is 40$/year. A domain would cost around 9$, so that leaves 31$ for hosting.
My needs are PHP, MySQL, 20MB space and around 1GB of transfer. What do you recomend? This is what I found:

HOSTurbo:
100 MB Space
2000 MB Bandwidth
$19.95 Per Year

Discount-Hosting:
50 Mb disk space
5 Gb / month maximum
$10 Per Year

Servus.ws:
200MB Diskspace
1000MB Bandwidth
$29.95 Per Year

And Valuablehost, but they are not verry reliable last time I heard.

Maybe someone will reply when I ask for unlimited bandwidth, lol.:biggrin2:

Originally posted by gyrbo
I'm making a website for a small club my father is in. I need a domain and hosting for it. My total budget is 40$/year. A domain would cost around 9$, so that leaves 31$ for hosting.
My needs are PHP, MySQL, 20MB space and around 1GB of transfer. What do you recomend? This is what I found:

HOSTurbo:
100 MB Space
2000 MB Bandwidth
$19.95 Per Year

Discount-Hosting:
50 Mb disk space
5 Gb / month maximum
$10 Per Year

Servus.ws:
200MB Diskspace
1000MB Bandwidth
$29.95 Per Year

Ok 40$ will get you jack.
$40 will get you something :)

OK $31 .. ... hmm .. i dunno .. i have never used of any of the hosts to posted ... i'll have a little look l8r though.

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
OK $31 .. ... hmm .. i dunno .. i have never used of any of the hosts to posted ... i'll have a little look l8r though.

Ok stupid me .. i forgot to ask for the urls ?

HOSTurbo:
100 MB Space
2000 MB Bandwidth
$19.95 Per Year

Discount-Hosting:
50 Mb disk space
5 Gb / month maximum
$10 Per Year

Servus.ws:
200MB Diskspace
1000MB Bandwidth
$29.95 Per Year

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello,

not including the server movement?

Post on the VH forums, i'm sure my clients can advise you on the uptime status of the "new server".

Regards,
ValuableHost

If you can guarantee this, I will add you to the list.

I suggest valuablehost, they've been great since the move, only down once or twice and that was 2-3 weeks ago.

I heard a lot of bad things about Hosturbo, just do a search at weghostingtalk.
And Discount-hosting doesn't have a any support, and you can't access your domain without the www unless you fax them.
Servus could also be good, but I've never used them myself.

Originally posted by Satelk
I suggest valuablehost, they've been great since the move, only down once or twice and that was 2-3 weeks ago.
They ARE the most exensive out of the list...
I heard a lot of bad things about Hosturbo, just do a search at weghostingtalk.
I did, and there were some positive ones too
And Discount-hosting doesn't have a any support, and you can't access your domain without the www unless you fax them.
I don't really ever mail support, and I will use zoneedit ore mydomain anyway.
Servus could also be good, but I've never used them myself.
Neither did I.

No, servus.ws is more expensive...

Look at your list again.

Regards,
ValuableHost

They ARE the most exensive out of the list...

I did, and there were some positive ones too

I don't really ever mail support, and I will use zoneedit ore mydomain anyway.

Neither did I.

OK, my fault. Not trying to crack you down or anything.
I'm gonna go with discount-hosting, the cheapest. And with the most bandwidth.

This might surprise you but if you are ok with no cgi than I'd go with Discount-Hosting. I started a small site with them a couple of months ago just to have some fun and try them out for their free month period. Well, during the month they blew me away with how fast and reliable they are. I went ahead and paid the 10 bucks. Actually, I'm thinking of starting another one with them in the next couple of days.

Another one that I have a couple of sites with that I like is Coastland Tech. Very reliable servers with Tera-Byte. The $35 per year would take you a little over your budget. You don't read much about him but it's the best I know of in the price range. http://www.coastlandtech.com

Hmm, any hosts willing to do me a special offer?
Right now I'm still thinking about DH.
The problem is the domain I really wanted (eg abc.com/net/org) is taken. I can get an other (eg abc.be), but they cost more. If I go with DH, I can afford abc.be and I don't have to go with a-b-c.com or something.
Making any sence? So basically, I'm looking for a host with:

20MB Space
PHP
MySQL
1GB Transfer
Under 20$/year.

Y not try www.f2s.com there site looks like shit but they are somthing to do with BT (british telecom) and its only £25 a year for unlimited bandwith!!! You get php and mysql :)

Back