• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain for sale: $20,000?!

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
www.refresh.com is for sale... apparently "high quality domain such as this can go for thousands". I made an offer, NOT being serious of course, of $8,000. They want $20,000 US (about $40,000 AUD).

Is that normal?! I mean... Sure, I thought domains could be expensive, but at $4,000 tops.

God... :p I wonder if they will ever sell it...

$20,000 isn't that much really.
Especially because a domain such as that will be purchased by a company.

You have to be crazy to spend too much money for nothing. There are only one link from Google to this domain.

Ha ha ha an please take a look at the link description

Cannot find the damn server
This page sucks and cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for sucks
and is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing ...
www.tedric.demon.co.uk/ - 5k

I can discuss to get this domain if they agree to give me some money for advertising.

:)
Regards

It doesn't matter how many links are in google from any previous site on the domain.

inventory.overture.com shows 3225 type ins last month for the word "refresh" it could be developed for a number of things, $20,000 is not an unreasonable amount.

You think thats alot? I think business.com was sold for 7mil a while ago. Generic terms are very rare these days and people are willing to pay top dollar.

as they are all cool domains

if i have the domain cool.com or abc.com

i think i will be rich man:D

Originally posted by Antonio
as they are all cool domains

if i have the domain cool.com or abc.com

i think i will be rich man:D

abc.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com, are not expensive domains because of the domains themselves, they are worth money because of the companies behind them.

i feel they do not have so much property:p

and google is not a cool word brfore they register it as domain;)

I made an offer, NOT being serious of course, of $8,000.

Why do people insist on doing stupid things like that?

$20,000 for a catchy & generic top level domain is pretty cheap if you ask me. Someone has already brought this up I think, but I just wanted to refer back the the whole Business.com thing - a bargin at $7m...

Back