• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain & Email through GoDaddy and hosting through vendor?

Saul1

Is it possible to have GoDaddy as my Domain Registrar and provide/use my emails but have my hosting through another vendor?

Absolutely! In fact, that's the recommended method. Buying your domain from your host isn't the best plan, as if your host goes under or doesn't care for you anymore, there goes your domain. And GoDaddy's hosting is horrible.

Yes it's definitely possible. You just have to change the nameservers of the domain which you bought at GoDaddy and point them to your hosting provider.

GoDaddy is the world's largest website available for web hosting and you can definitely do the domain name registrar in the Go daddy.

I did not found any domain registar who would not allow you to point your domain to different hosting provider.
You just need to change so called nameservers or DNS. Nameservers you will receive from your hosting provider.

Back