• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does IPB have a free version?

Desert_Rose said:
Reported to IPS what do u mean by that??:confused4
I will compose a nice, detailed e-mail to Invision Power Services, Inc. I hate people who break liscense agreements, it's breaking the law.

Brandon said:
I will compose a nice, detailed e-mail to Invision Power Services, Inc. I hate people who break liscense agreements, it's breaking the law.

IPS cannot do anything, in this situation, as the user is not distributing it on a webpage nor is there any proof.

simple machine forum

so called SMF go google it you will love it.. BEST FREE FORUM right now. more features than PHPBB.

i was PHPBB fan till i found SMF new versions and stuff are even more better.

you can download IPB 1.3 from sebflipper.

IPB gave them specific premission to carry on distributing it(from what i know).

and i think it may be the normal verison as to make it the multi frum version you have to edit files.....

but your best bet is with phpBB. it's better and free. and safer.

Use Discuz.
VBB and IPB has less features and act like a crappy system.
Saving lots of option to cache_store is like an idiot.
More forum and more usergroups, It will be slower.

SMF is good, and free :) Though I personally don't think vBulletin can be beaten as a paid bbs.

spiralfive said:
Yes, but it's illegal to obtain IPB from any other source than IPS' website. IPS doesn't distribute 1.3 anymore, so if you get it from anywhere it's illegal. If you do that, just go ahead and get a nulled 2.1.3 board and get it over with. It's just as legal as the 1.3 board will be.
How will they know?

They have no way to tell where you downloaded 1.3 final from, I would disagree on the nullified vs the 1.3 download.

It's not like they can come to your site with the 1.3 and say "You downloaded this board from (site here) on (date) , it's illegal, take it down!" they wont have a clue as long as you never say where you got it. It could have been on your pc forever for all they know.

The nullified one, you never know... it's nullified but no one is really sure, if you do get reported to invision if they have a way to track down people. The only way you'd get in trouble I suppose is if some disgruntled user who suspects you for whatever reason, or if you told someone and they backstab you.

Still 1.3 original is safer to me than using a nulled board.

you can download IPB 1.3 from sebflipper.

IPB gave them specific premission to carry on distributing it(from what i know).

and i think it may be the normal verison as to make it the multi frum version you have to edit files.....

but your best bet is with phpBB. it's better and free. and safer.

I tryed downloading this but when installing it came up with loads of SQL junk, did it do that for you?

I actually havn't tried it myself.

You sure you got all your databses set up and installed properly?.

Try clearing the database and install again (if you still having problems)

Back