• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does any one know what is the future of paid hosting ?

hussain

Does any one know what is the future of paid hosting business, and how is the market position in present, small hosting companies doing well or runing in loss, please share your experiene with me.

Thanks

Your best bet is VERY FAST support and moderately low prices. Although you may be at a loss at the start, as more people join, you can lower your prices, but keep the support team ready to respond to anything that crosses its path.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Your best bet is VERY FAST support and moderately low prices. Although you may be at a loss at the start, as more people join, you can lower your prices, but keep the support team ready to respond to anything that crosses its path.

Yes its necessory to get good name in industry that you provide support on proper time and also price factor is very important, but may i know how is the actual positions of small hosting companies, does they are doing in profit or runing it only to get experience :D

Although I am not a host (and I wish I was), I think it is both. You may not turn a profit in terms of cash at the beginning, but after a year, you've got enough hands-on experience as a system administrator that companies looking for a UNIX systems administrator would be glad to hire you with references from your customers.

Originally posted by hussain
Does any one know what is the future of paid hosting business, and how is the market position in present, small hosting companies doing well or runing in loss, please share your experiene with me.

Thanks

Speaking from our experience ONLY...these are my views:
Hosting has its ups and downs, just like any other business.
Ive found that with online business, it is VITAL to provide the best customer service thats possible...support runs a fast second behind SERVICE! SO many people get into the hosting biz to try to make a fast buck...it just doesnt work that way. If you are sincere and really focused, continue to work hard, have a 24 hour flexible schedule, it can be done.
Be prepared for slow months....it can/will balance out.
As far as the really low cost hosting thats out there....I try to refrain from commenting on plans, etc. since I am a host too...but I will just say, EVERYTHING has to be factored into your business.
For us, our goal is to provide DECENT hosting, but there is a cost involved----The HOST has bills, committments, as well.
Just my 2cents....good luck!!
I thought you might enjoy this thread:
http://forums.4nines.com//showthread.php?threadid=1468

Last edited:
I think the question should be,

"What is the future of free web hosting?"

The paid hosting services is more stable, because there are a lot of free web hosts without technical support and less features. People on long terms gets rid of the free ones for the next step of hosting on a paid one. They want banner free, technical support, cgi or asp, Mysql, more bandwith and...

Back