• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you think hosts should be in business if they can not answer support tickets...

Good search Sain Cai!
--------------------------------------------
colorhost, actually the OP do have lots of issues with hosts, which he seems like demanding too much, even demanding for things that the host do not supply.

He was a previous customer of mine for a while. Then in May of this year, he asked me to install PDO because one of his scripts required it. I told him that it would involve a recompile of apache/php. As a result, I would need a few days to test it in a sandbox before I enabled it on the production box. He got pissed because he didn't want to wait, and left. A few days later, I told him that I had tested and enabled PDO, but he was already migrating away. He then came here and opened this thread:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?2239338-ISO-Reliable-Host-w-PDO-Support

He was a previous customer of mine for a while. Then in May of this year, he asked me to install PDO because one of his scripts required it. I told him that it would involve a recompile of apache/php. As a result, I would need a few days to test it in a sandbox before I enabled it on the production box. He got pissed because he didn't want to wait, and left. A few days later, I told him that I had tested and enabled PDO, but he was already migrating away. He then came here and opened this thread:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?2239338-ISO-Reliable-Host-w-PDO-Support

Just let him leave.
It is better if he leave and go disturb another hosts.
At least you will be having more time to really do your work after he leave.
Keeping this kind of ppl as a client of yours, will only make you miserable.

I told him that I had tested and enabled PDO, but he was already migrating away. He then came here and opened this thread:

if i was you i woulnd enable PDO in first place

PDO is a api system that get used to send over certain commands to a other api (it is a security risk)
it also hogs your memory and provide terible speed

it is only good if you are a developer and want to make a api system ... but it is not good to use in a live envornement with out the right knowledge about how to config/setup it

i used it before with a script to connect to a api of a datacenter to let clients login with his username/password and can see the status of there dedicated server (a full control panel for dedicated server including kvm and reboot options and more of that stuff)

so unless it is for developing or for personal use i woulnd suggest to keep it enabled

and a site note
if that user is to lazy to wait 3 days because you are that nice to enable it ... then you know enouf about this customer and then you know to that he doesnt know a single thing about anything that is related to webhosting

Greetings From PowerChaos

The script he needed PDO enabled for was some poorly written helpdesk software. It was quite possibly the most resource intrinsic script that anybody had installed on any of my servers, ever. My servers are powerful enough to handle it without any ill effects to the other customers, but I still didn't like it. (This is part of the reason why he can't stay in one place for very long.) I helped this customer with a LOT of things, including migrating his data over from his old host, troubleshooting errors that were not my problem, plugin installations, etc. You name it. He asked a lot for very little. Now he's at SoCheapHost.com and his site doesn't even load correctly so *shrug* good riddance.

The script he needed PDO enabled for was some poorly written helpdesk software. It was quite possibly the most resource intrinsic script that anybody had installed on any of my servers, ever. My servers are powerful enough to handle it without any ill effects to the other customers, but I still didn't like it. (This is part of the reason why he can't stay in one place for very long.) I helped this customer with a LOT of things, including migrating his data over from his old host, troubleshooting errors that were not my problem, plugin installations, etc. You name it. He asked a lot for very little. Now he's at SoCheapHost.com and his site doesn't even load correctly so *shrug* good riddance.

From what I see at the link you gave me, it seems like it is not SoCheapHost.com.
I believe is gotlinks does not know how to maintain the site properly and cause the whole theme of his site screwed up.
:)

Either way, if he was still hosted with me, I'm sure he probably would have contacted me via email, complained up a storm, and would have blamed the fact that his site is not displaying correctly on me or my server.

Either way, if he was still hosted with me, I'm sure he probably would have contacted me via email, complained up a storm, and would have blamed the fact that his site is not displaying correctly on me or my server.

But anyway, it is lucky that you are not hosting him anymore.
At least you will not need to waste too much time on a person who screwed up his own site and keep on put the blame on you to waste your time.
:)

Deep,

You know that is not exactly true.

You stated: You would not install, or you have not yet made the
decision to install PDO, so i found a host that would, by the time
I had already moved over, then i guess you thought to send me
an email to say you got it installed; so you left me hanging on
am I going to install or not... I am not going to sit on the fence
while you are waiting to make up your mind, or any host for that matter.

This is exactly why I do not come here. You guys cannot control your behavior,
you simply just troll this forum posting hateful posts.

You guys do not know what the word respect or being professional means.
If I was a new guy looking for a host, and I seen the host trashing other
people, how do you think the new client feels about going with you?

from what I am seeing, I would pass most of you up on a fly...
not a second thought, and I would still get a good night sleep.

So, when I am gone, you can go back to trashing each other.
Exactly what most of you do best...

Good search Sain Cai!
--------------------------------------------
colorhost, actually the OP do have lots of issues with hosts, which he seems like demanding too much, even demanding for things that the host do not supply.

Thats actually not true either. I do not even come here that often.
When was the last time I was here CS Squatter?

I agree, I am a little demanding; I have to be with some of the week hosts
that I have been with over the years; and if you cant take it, and
you just want to cry about it, then you are in the wrong business....

but if you want to be respected, then show some respect....

You stated: You would not install, or you have not yet made the decision to install PDO, so i found a host that would, by the time I had already moved over, then i guess you thought to send me an email to say you got it installed; so you left me hanging on am I going to install or not... I am not going to sit on the fence while you are waiting to make up your mind, or any host for that matter.

You did nothing but contact me constantly because you had one difficulty after another. I would ALWAYS get back with you promptly, usually within minutes, and help work with you to resolve whatever issue you were having which, more often than not, was something that YOU did and shouldn't have or something that you DIDN'T do and you should have. Your scripts caused a VERY high CPU load on the server with all of the plugins and BS that you had installed. I let it all go because my server could handle it, despite you being kicked off of your previous host for just that.

I did NOT refuse anything to you. I told you that I would have to look into installing PDO because I was unfamiliar with it at the time. I'd have to first test it on a sandbox before just enabling it on a production machine simply because ONE client's poorly written helpdesk software required it. A few days later, you were gone.

I agree, I am a little demanding; I have to be with some of the week hosts that I have been with over the years; and if you cant take it, and you just want to cry about it, then you are in the wrong business.

A LITTLE demanding? You're hands down, THE MOST demanding client that I've ever had. You can ask anybody, and they'll tell you that I'm extremely accommodating and very patient, even when the matters at hand are not in the realm of services that I am required to provide. As a matter of fact, several people on this very forum have worked with me, and I can guarantee that each and every one will vouch for me positivity. ...

if you want to be respected, then show some respect....

Take some of your own advice mister.

Last edited:
Charles,

Your email was clear that you was undecided about setting up PDO, you did not provide any suggestions
at all about setting up PDO because you said you were undecided, or something of that nature, maybe
it was too complex for you, who knows, so i found a host that clearly stated, no problem, we will install...
Like I said, I am not going to wait by the fence line waiting for you to make decisions because you are unsure...

I am not going to debate about all the emails i sent you, but I would say what you said was half true, otherwise
since I do not have the actual emails in front of me, then I can not say for sure what they were all about, but
normally, everytime I get a new host, the first dozen emails have something to do with server issues, something
not setup, or something not working correctly, bla, bla, bla...I have already contacted my new host about these
very issues, and I will continue to send them until everything is working properly, i am somewhat familer with
cpanel, and its hard to screw up something since I did not have root access, so what screw up did i do? and If i
need help with the host, you bet, I will send an email out; I can not help it that I am more active then most
that just sit back and look at their sites; You welcome me back with open arms, then you trash me...

Professionalism at its best.

I watch quality movies; Because I have higher standards...

You know what i do with poor quality movies, I toss them in the trash...

and if you look some respect lessons, you would not be pissed off by trashing your former clients...

funny thing that I am a total screw up, I have been with my last host after (deeplist)
very few issues, and issues that do come up then they are taken care of without gripes...

imagine that, how in the world did I pull that off....

I am still going to sleep well tonight.

and this is what your new clients look forward too if they have issues also...

everyone sends emails...your simply pissed off after the fact that i left, then you
contacted me to tell me you had it installed, by then it was already too late, you should
have told me upfront rather then telling me that you are thinking about it...

Then I ask you recently about vps, then you cry about rates, and that you are getting out
of the vps business, bla, bla, bla...which tells me you are already sinking....

so sing on little birdy, sing on....

so sing on little birdy, sing on....
You realize you are causing DRAMA with WEB HOSTS, right? That is pathetic.
My advise, go buy your own server, and see how easy it is to do what you requested.

so sing on little birdy, sing on.... xD

I agree, I am a little demanding

sorry about my lazy quote
but i am just to lazy to post a reply over the other few posts and the other posts around here

let me just ask you 1 question and if you can answer it then you know why deeplist earn respect

first question
why do you need PDO ?

second question
do you know what PDO is ?

third question
why does deeplist want to test it on a sandbox ?? it got his reasons

last question
give me 5 min on a server with PDO enabled and i wanna bet that the host can reboot his pc about 7 times until he figures it out that it was my silly written script (now i answered my own questions .. hmm)

to make everything in short , because i am to lazy to wait on your reply ( at 5 am )

you ask things that are a high security risk
you say that you are a little demanding , so if i ask deeplist to open port 22 for me then i even wanna bet that he will do that
but if i ask for his root password then i am just a little demanding (what ?? no su to root ... lets find a other host who can provide me that )

that is basicly the thing you where asking on him
a "normal" user does not need PDO
scripts that are written with PDO are for DEVELOPING purpose and not for real use
they are made to find EVERY single error and to do REMOTE stuff
for the real test you just use cgi as it provide less problems , less memory/cpu hogs and a lot more security (for you and for your host)

same as php , you probaly dit not even noticed that deeplist is using php open basedir protection , and that he is using cgi instead DSO and suexec (got no clue about his settings , but thats what i supose he do for security)
not that that realy mathers , exept for security reasons then

a normal user does not need those certain settings , most scripts works just fine like a host setup there server
ofcourse you got good hosts that know how to configure a server and secure a server and other hosts that just use the basic install and wonder why everything goes down in 5 min

so to get to the final point
what seems not demanding for you is maybe asking for just to mutch
be happy that a host even like to provide support in the first place

let me say what a host is forced to do

1) keep your site online (you paid for it )
2) read his tos and live by his tos ( so you can get easy kicked)
3) ... there is no number 3

a host is only legaly bount to keep your site online as long you do not abuse the tos or aup
the support he provide is a extra (also called SLA )
depending on host to host is the support better/more then on other hosts
but you got no right to complain about support as we are not even need to provide support ( there is google and .... google ?? they provide you a nice 125k mill wikipedia with nice info )

then as extra note
i can provide you about 1200 differend hosts and as soon you even ask to them to change the server settings then they do 2 things

1) they say nice and friendly to you .. please pay us 50€ and we upgrade your account with the setting you asked , please note that your montly payment will be 50€ extra
2) i am sorry , but at current moment we can not upgrade your server , please buy a dedicated server with a value of 50€ to get the needed settings

to get to the point
there is no hosts that are willing to take the risk for 1 single client to make his server more weak then they already are
the host who does that instand because you ask for it means that they are

1) a host with the knowledge like you have ... i leave it to you to guess
2) a host that is just started and doesnt know how to configure
3) a host that will be dead in less then 1 month

so deeplist was just nice to you to investigate first what security risks it got , to check if it is a good idea to perform that upgrade and then even allow it after he is sure that it does not harm his security or server

then for the extra notes
to apply those kind of things you need to recompile stuff
those can be a real pain in the *** specialy if you got a custom compile like me (mp4 video psuedostreaming with apache :D try to get that done ^^ )

anyway
i hope you can understand my post and hope you can see why he is angry (send me spamm like you dit to him and be sure that you woulnd be able to acces any support ticket anymore for 1 week )

edit:
no clue why you think that we would care about a single client that left .. there are other clients that respect our quality and services

Greetings From PowerChaos

Last edited:
Then I ask you recently about vps, then you cry about rates, and that you are getting out of the vps business, bla, bla, bla...which tells me you are already sinking....

I am not sinking ----. I didn't cry about anything either. My VPS node is at SoftLayer and they're a premium datacenter. I pay high rates for the best network in the industry. In return, I have to charge higher rates to my clients. Some people are willing to pay, others are not. In regards to shared and reseller hosting, a lot of people are willing to pay premiums. That is why I am still in business after all these years and will remain in business for many years to come. In regards to VPS servers, most people are not willing to pay for the premium network. Why? I don't really know. The demand is not there for one, and people just aren't willing to spend the extra money. Oh well. I'm not going to LOSE money and offer a product line that's not benefiting me. So, as a result, I am ending my VPS node with SoftLayer at the end of this month and will continue with shared and reseller hosting for the time being while I construct another approach to the VPS offerings. I COULD start hosting my VPS servers at some piece of ---- "budget" datacenter like Burst, but I can't stoop to that level, because it interferes with my vision of providing the best possible service. I'd rather provide no VPS than some ---- VPS.

but if you want to be respected, then show some respect....

This is what you should really tell yourself.
You come here and you bash everyone just because no one is interested with your offer.
Because you attack everyone, everyone is counter attack you for what you have did.

In this forum, we are a community, hence there are communications between the hosts.
When we spotted some stubborn and over demanding customer who demand for something they did not pay for and behave very rude to our support staff, we do share the information to avoid ourself to get into trouble with these clients.
We all here, have the common practice, which is we rather having more customers who they know what they are doing with their hosting account, then having 1 customer who knows nothing and often cause unnecessary workloads to our support staffs and technical staffs.

What deeplist has posted, I see it as sharing information to be use by other hosts as a reference, and it is not an excuse to explain you or anything else.

And one more thing, the nickname I use here is "CS Squad" not CS Squatter.

From the whole conversation, I only see one thing.
gotlinks is too demanding, although deeplist has did his best.
How can a customer demand for something that the host do not provide while during the time the customer pay for the service, that particular option was not offered at the first place?
Its like asking Ford to change a turbo engine for you for free after you have bought the car few months.

From the whole conversation, I only see one thing.
gotlinks is too demanding, although deeplist has did his best.
How can a customer demand for something that the host do not provide while during the time the customer pay for the service, that particular option was not offered at the first place?
Its like asking Ford to change a turbo engine for you for free after you have bought the car few months.

Well said. Thank you.

Back