• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you prefer EU/UK or USA based hosting?

Do you prefer EU/UK or USA hosting?

• EU/UK

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • USA

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[JSH]John

JSHosts.com
NLC
Do you prefer to use a host with servers in the EU/UK or in the USA?

This is just to see what others prefer. You can even give a reason. :)

Since i'm from Asia, i'd naturally go for Asia Hosting - since it'd give me better pings. Though, I don't mind USA based hosting as well - as long as they're quad core ;)

Singapore, simply because I live here and it gives me the option to bash/call/sms the owner of the host if he doesn't give me the service he has promised. Speeds are also better and if it's a dedicated server, I'd have great access to it.

If I can't get local, USA would be ideal :)

In all honesty, I think this is a very silly question.

Obviously, you will prefer hosting from where you are located? For many reasons such as, timezones, language, etc..

Singapore, simply because I live here and it gives me the option to bash/call/sms the owner of the host if he doesn't give me the service he has promised. Speeds are also better and if it's a dedicated server, I'd have great access to it.

If I can't get local, USA would be ideal :)

Holy ----! You live in Singapore too?

I suppose that US/CA based web hosting can be good for the global web sites. And for the local audience better have web hosting from the local area. I suppose that is quite obvious

I prefer hosting in US (mainly because many of my visitors come from there - 20%) or EU (collectively, 55% of my visitors comes from European countries).

I prefer Europe Hosting. It's faster from here (I'm in Asia too) and the restrictions is lighter.

I prefer UK web hosting though UK hosting is much expensive as compared to USA web hosting. According to my knowledge, there are less issues occur with uk server's hardware because most of servers use expensive DELL hardware.
2nd is, UK servers are very much secured as compared to USA or Asian servers. So i do prefer UK Web Hosting.

Best Regards

Yep, I certainly do. I live in Singapore. I breathe in Singapore. I eat in Singapore. I go to school in Singapore.
And there are also several web hosting providers there I know. Not only free like yours but some paid decent. I have read recently about it. That is very beatiful place in Asia

Sorry, but the question asked in the thread is just ... wrong. I'm European, who lives and work in U.S. and in EU, but I must say that the world is not North America and Europe. Asian market is huge and it is getting more and more important.

In all honesty, I think this is a very silly question.

Obviously, you will prefer hosting from where you are located? For many reasons such as, timezones, language, etc..
If I bought Australian hosting, I'd be paying a heck of a lot more than I would for US/UK hosting. Timezone doesn't matter matter as I can find support, (if I ever need it) during Aussie hours and they even speak English :p

To answer the OP's question, it doesn't worry me where I am hosted so long as the host is reliable. If they aint, then I move on.

I prefer to get hosting where most of the visitors come from. If it's a site with visitors from all over the world, I would prefer US hosting. I have hosting in Sweden for my swedish sites and this site is hosted in the US. There is not so much of a price difference as there used to be a couple of years ago between US and swedish hosting.

as I want to immigrate to U.S., I choose American provider, also if this provider can provide me U.S. IP for surfing - it would be ideal, because I very tired from web-sites, which always suggest me use non-English languages.

depends on location. If I am doing stuff over in Europe I prefer a UK based server if I am doing stuff in the USA I prefer USA. If I am doing stuff in Asia I want one based over there. Less time for each of the websites to get to the people that are going to be doing most of the traffic.

Back