• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you own a MySpace?

Brisbane, Queensland
Australia
Dam brissy people all over the net :p
I swear they are trying to take it over :x

Personally I think theres nothing wrong with social networking sites such as myspace..

What i love about myspace is the variety of music on there, especially bands that are no longer around anymore.

But a downside to myspace is a lot of users using -----train script`s to bump up their popularity.

I hate seeing profiles with music, and I don't understand putting much time and effort into a simple profile page. But here's mine:

http://www.myspace.com/wastegate

:D

I'm not on it all that often, but it is a nice site to keep in touch with friends and bands/tour dates.

i quite dislike the cluttered / over-done myspace pages
i keep mine simple
and i dont bother looking for old friends i lost contact with
i got one as a means to get over my MSN addiction
which sadly didnt work and now im addicted to both?
sigh

I've been catching up with old school friends on MySpace lately. And, I hate MySpace. I use it now, only because so many other people do. It's so... eh. Not good.

I still prefer LiveJournal, because for the most part it's more about interacting with each other, and sharing your life and experiences with your friends. Whereas MySpace is kinda, "Look how many friends I have, this is my favourite crap... blah blah blah."

Anyway.

Maybe, MySpace can also be a good way to reignite my old love for anhedonia...

http://myspace.com/therealtoefur

I'm anxiously awaiting this.
Yeah, I kinda slacked off on that one, so here goes.

If people don't want myspace pages, that's fine. It's not the decision I am against, but you guys have terrible reasons for not having one.

Yeah, most myspace pages are stupid. Well guess what, most people aren't web designers. There is just as much spam as there is on any other part of the internet, email, newsgroups... heck I get trackbacks on my blog from random prescription drugs.

The burden of of meaningful communication as I said earlier is on you. Here are my responses to the top ten list.

10. People got hurt as a direct or indirect result of the site.
The article linked in this one is from June of last year, and since then myspace has turned all younger members pages to private. Yeah kids can circumvent that by entering a higher age, but that is a problem of the parents not monitoring their kids internet usage, not myspace's problem. Oh yeah, I just let my 16 year old daughter give her phone number and address out to anyone on the internet and myspace sent some pervert out here to have sex with her... How dare they? There are Eminem songs that drop responsibility on parents. I mean come on.

9. Most of the ----ty backgrounds users choose
Well, it's a personal prefence here. But seeing as it's their myspace page there is nothing you can do about it. Would you not hang out with someone because you didn't like the color of their living room? Of course if you know someone well enough to go to their myspace pages enough for it to bother you, you would think you could muster up the courage to tell them that it's messing with the functionality of their site. Or you could just complain about it.

8. The phrase "Social Networking" makes me want to punch someone in the face.
Nobody that I know that uses myspace ever even calls it that. It's a buzzword, like 'Corporate Footprint' or 'Nascar Dad's'. Only people in marketing, jerk journalists and people who complain about myspace use that phrase. See what kind of club you are in now? I do not see this as a valid reason to not have a myspace page.

7. ----ty Music
Again, personal musical preference. Yeah people have crappy music on their myspace pages. I turn it off before I ever let it load up, and then I move on. If a song moves you enough that you want to share it with the world, I don't see any reason to stop you. This is kinda a pet peeve of mine, people who are such snobs about music that any kind they don't like is crap. Music is objective.

6. Too Much Bull----
I mean really, this is a retarded reason not to have a myspace page. If you think there is too much crap on people's page, then don't put too much crap on yours. This has got to be the most misanthropic top ten list ever.

5. I Don't Care What Johnny Football Star is Doing (or professing to be doing) Now

There's a reason why you don't talk to most of the people you went to high school with--you don't have anything in common anymore (not that you ever did except for the fact that you were corralled into a place where you were supposed to be learning something). Leave well enough alone, let it go!

The world would be much friendlier if people would forget about those they knew and move on to meet new people. In the words of the fake Kurt Vonnegut commencement speech: "Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on."
See above (misanthropic).
I love keeping in touch with people I went to high school with, but then, I had friends in high school.

4. I'm Not Interested in Online Dating
Me neither. I am there for the social networking.

3. Each Page Takes Too Long to Load
Welcome to the internet. You are going to want to get some high speed pretty soon. All of my friends pages load up right away for me.

2. Empty Communication
When you go to the grocery store and the cashier asks how you are doing, do you really think she cares how you are doing? Would you even want to bother her with your problems if you weren't doing well? No. Here we call it southern hospitality, but around the world it's called just plain being nice. Also, if you are so concerned about the lack of meaning ful communication on myspace, then have meaningful communication with your friends. It's up to you to do it, not your right to complain about it.

1. After Carefully Considering the Word "MySpace," and Thinking About What the Site Really Is and What It's Used For, It's Evident That It's Nothing More than an Unsafe Website that is Tailored for Self-Fulfillment, Exhibitionism, Opportunists, and People Who Can't Let Go of the Past
Because Writing A Paragraph In Bold And Capitalizing Every Word Is Fine Because Myspace Sucks And I Am Complaining About It. Also, since when are self-fulfillment, exhibition and seizing opportunity vices?

This list has one thing I hate about most websites. Unecessary multiple pages. Couldn't fit all that on one page? Run out of e-paper? I mean jesus christ. Most websites do it to serve more ads, but if you don't have ads you are just being a jerk. At least on myspace it's all one page.
Myspace is however, accessible. People who wouldn't normally be on the internet are now able to use it to the best of their minor abilities, connecting with people and sharing pictures, videos and text.

That post said everything I wanted to say but haven't bothered. Well said, really. My favourite parts were ..
Again, personal musical preference. Yeah people have crappy music on their myspace pages. I turn it off before I ever let it load up, and then I move on. If a song moves you enough that you want to share it with the world, I don't see any reason to stop you. This is kinda a pet peeve of mine, people who are such snobs about music that any kind they don't like is crap. Music is objective.

Also..

This list has one thing I hate about most websites. Unecessary multiple pages. Couldn't fit all that on one page? Run out of e-paper? I mean jesus christ. Most websites do it to serve more ads, but if you don't have ads you are just being a jerk. At least on myspace it's all one page.
Myspace is however, accessible. People who wouldn't normally be on the internet are now able to use it to the best of their minor abilities, connecting with people and sharing pictures, videos and text.

Back