• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you own a MySpace?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I recently succumbed and got myself a MySpace, just wondering who else here has one? :p

My profile is set to private, but if you want to be friends PM me or post your URLs here.

Or if not a MySpace, a Livejournal or a Blogger, etc etc?

I found MySpace handy to find old school friends and with work, I mostly can't be bothered, or find the time, to design my own websites any longer, so it's just easier to succumb to the evil that is Tom's MySpace :p

Myspace is mostly for internet newbies
It gives them something to waste their time on. To each his own I guess.

Myspace is mostly for internet newbies
It gives them something to waste their time on. To each his own I guess.

That's a fair statement for some of the MySpace'ers you see, sure. Some of the pages are just hideous. I have actually found some beautifully designed ones, though. It's rare, but they do exist. pirate2

MySpace is cool if you have a band or a business to promote, but other than that it is full of spam and phony people mostly it seems. It's because the admins don't set any restrictions on anything.

I prefer communities.com as it is well moderated and spamming of any kind is not allowed. It is a good place to meet real people and make new friends. It's kind of like the FWS of social networking. The admins really look out for their members.

Myspace is good for nothing - I made one years ago, never been back to it :D

Tanother thing I have never understood, Why people make blogs, Its not like random people give a ---- what you think, so why bother?

Last edited:
My blog is not for random people.

I use myspace to keep in touch with friends in real life, and to call them fags in their comments.

Or if not a MySpace, a Livejournal or a Blogger, etc etc?

Hi anhedonia,

I have all three.
I found Livejournal rather clumsy to use and its audience seemed scattered.
Usenet/newsgroups had many flaws but in the early days when usenet was the only choice at least one had a captive audience for one's ideas :lol:
Livejournal took the place of usenet/newsgroups for some but for me it was more of a place for me to list some interests. I never felt the close community feeling in Livejournal that supposedly would be an improvement over usenet.

I have 2 public Bloggers: one devoted mainly to current events with a loose tarot theme and the other shows the rhiannapire side of me.
My Myspace page has elements from the above blogs but is also dedicated to my interest in Flamenco guitar music :classic2:

The good thing about Myspace is the large pool of people/personalities.
In the beginning when I only had a few "friends" it wasn't that fun but now I have so many it's difficult to give each one personal attention.

Has anyone tried http://twitter.com/?

Last edited:
The burden on of meaningful communication is on your end, not the millions of other myspace users. Longer explanation to follow.

Back