• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you host more than one SSL site on a single IP?

zomgmike

It has long been technically possible, but I never seem to hear about people doing it. Do you host more than one site on the same IP, each with its own SSL?

All the time. SNI has made it possible for a long time. Not sure why people wouldn't do it, to be honest.

Look at the implementation of CloudFlare. That is a prime example of successful SSL sharing over shared IP. I also utilize it on my personal websites, with the added cost of IPv4 now and the depletion rates, I find that SSL shouldn't be a reason to have a dedicated IP.

Yes, of course, we can host more than one SSL site on single IP. This will provide us to get the benefit of not purchasing the different dedicated IP for each website. It is offered at low cost, this will also be a benefit in such purchasing of the services.

web hosting

Hi,

There are two thing that's be happened.
1. You have to purchase different dedicate IP for each SSL, in case of SSL have different certificate.
2. If you have wild card SSL then use the one dedicate IP for that.

Yes you can host more than one SSL site on a Single IP. There are no provisions to stop you from doing that.
Peace.

Yes, it can be possible to host multiple SSL websites on a single IP. You can install independent SSL certificates on each of your sites.

Accuweb Hosting provides you best web hosting services. In the Shared Hosting plan, they offer unlimited domains(sites) and also free SSL. They provide powerful hardware and a secure environment for your hosting. Also, give a hosting solution with scalable resources and. Your site work with high performance and enhanced speed.

I'd like to answer the questio, you can run any number of SSL sites with independent certificates on a single IPv4 address. You can install independent SSL certificates on each of your sites. Now, there is no need to create another subscription.

Back