• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Disadvantages of working with build-a-host. (DO NOT DO IT!)

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
I guess the number 1 disadvantage of working with build-a-host is his a idiot that sells you off when your not even around to another idiot who ups the price of your hosting for no reason at all.
Not to mention he ripped me off for 2 months.
If I was in his country id soon go and knock him flat.

I guess hes a troll that stands in the way of our greatness.

Last edited:
I assume that you're talking in regards to this thread? I tried to indirectly change your mind. By the way, not sure where you're from, but I believe build-a-host lives in Tennessee.

Darknight, you could mention about your experience on the thread that deeplist mentioned also where you asked for a host.

Okay you've got a case here. First thing you need is evidence. You can't post a review thread on FWS without verifying that you were once hosted with him. Please add screenshots of whatever claims you would like to make to support your case.

As for my two cents, it's not too late to make the switch ;) deeplist is pretty solid from what I've seen. Alternatively, you could post another request thread and wait a day or so instead of rushing to choose a hosting provider.

Cheers.

Under no circumstances should you ever associate with anyone from Tennessee, Alabama, or West Virginia.

The only reason why Georgia isn't on that list is because Atlanta and Savannah make up for the rest of the state.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input, that must be where they breed!
May the God of Guitar playing solos have mercy on us all.

That's interesting you should claim this though.

I've got a VPS through him that so far all of the issues I have had with are coming from his VPS provider. Entirely load-related matters that a couple of support tickets later get put right- usually by switching which node I am on since it seems that a lot of the nodes are running under fairly high loads.

It's only natural to be upset when things go wrong, but could you go over the situation again in a calm manner so that what went wrong isn't buried in a rant?

That's interesting you should claim this though.

I've got a VPS through him that so far all of the issues I have had with are coming from his VPS provider. Entirely load-related matters that a couple of support tickets later get put right- usually by switching which node I am on since it seems that a lot of the nodes are running under fairly high loads.

It's only natural to be upset when things go wrong, but could you go over the situation again in a calm manner so that what went wrong isn't buried in a rant?

I'm more interested in why build-a-host hasn't commented since he browses FWS regularly. I hope everything works out for you Darknight.

Under no circumstances should you ever associate with anyone from Tennessee, Alabama, or West Virginia.

The only reason why Georgia isn't on that list is because Atlanta and Savannah make up for the rest of the state.

West Virgina is Close to me!

Were based in Hollywood, Maryland.

I can tell you one thing, i am NOT like any of those people in those states!

I'm more interested in why build-a-host hasn't commented since he browses FWS regularly.

Especially right now when his upstream just came back up after a fairly long outage, and I'm showing extremely high load right now, along with the instability associated with it.

Move to a company like virpus.com for VPS, they are to die for! and they only charge the correct price for Directadmin, like 4$/month.

What rant my friend? Just stated some facts lol I dont care about some petty amount like 5$ (which is prob all he owes me)
The point is, he dumped my site to some random host I have never delt with as he sold all his shared clients out!
I could show the emails but to be honest if you chose to deal with him after this I dont really care!
I only made the thread because I was extremely bored and needed to pass some time.
(The story is 100% true tho)

Last edited:
Did you even read this thread?

Peo/Jan, why are we allowing bots on the forum?

There are 3 or 4 particular people who do that with every post they can, on every forum in which they are members. I can't believe that they are allowed to stay around.

I pointed out SiberForum and ServerPoint a few weeks ago in this thread. You figured if there were real humans on the other side of the keyboard, they would have at least replied somewhere and argued their actual existence. Nobody seems to care. All of the other bots get banned pretty quickly, but for some reason they're allowed to keep posting garbage and it's only to market their signature links.

Last edited:
Not every member of this forum reads every post you make deeplist.

I have been in contact with the members we have suspected of being bots. We're still investigating that. So far we have categorized some of it as useless oneliners and warnings have been sent out for that. We have been in communication with some of the suspects. If the warnings are being ignored further action will be taken.

Complaints about others hosts should be made in private with the moderators, report it to us or you risk getting an infraction for host bashing. Thank you.

In any case.

Up and down and up and down. I got more emails from my status monitor telling me the status of that server had changed than I did from clients complaining about the unreliable service. Fortunately I've put an end to that, the offending VPS is now sitting empty since with build-a-host down I have no way to pay the bill for it either, nor would I really want to the way it was running the last few days while I was struggling to get things off of it.

Really I am more concerned about how build-a-host disappeared than the overall fact that this happened. The problems are coming from his upstream, it was hostrail's fault this all broke. But he's not said a word since it began, his own site is 404'd, and he didn't answer his phone when I called him to see what was going on.

Back