• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DigitalWorldhost Closed without any notification

chichiko

Hi

I had a talk last Sunday with Tang ( owner of Digitalworldhost ) he told me that he will close after 2 Weeks .
But i was surprised that The server is down after only 5 days ( No notification , no email ..)
The problem that I have 6 websites hosted there ,and still didnt taken my backups .
He even dont reply to my messages .

I also tried to discuss about the Refund subject , but Noway ..

It is sad to find such companies where clients are treated like that . and people are thinking to only get money without taking any responsability .

Any suggestion please

Thanks

Last edited:
As soon as you heard about the host closing, you should have made backups and found a new host. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do now as the server has possibly been formatted ready for a new customer.

In most if not every hosts terms of service, you'll see that you're responsible for making your own backups. It's unfortunate that you lost the data for your websites, but it is also a lesson learned.

But I never seen a webhosting company announcing their Closing in the last days of their business .
Alot of people are complaining about this hosting if other forums . and alot dont have any Idea about what happening .

you'll see that you're responsible for making your own backups.

And this company ( If we can call it company) isnt responsible for our Money .
The problem is that I just saw the Closing announcement Today . I had an aidea about the closing but he told me it left 1 week and half ..so I searched for a new hosting company and when i tried to transfer my sites I didnt found any trace to the server .:mad:

Last edited:
I cannot actually remember the exact amount of times DWH has closed down and reopened? It must have been at least 3 times now?

You should do research on a host before doing business with them. This is not by far the first time DWH has closed down, each time, they reopen. So really, they have not been around since 2006 solid, but since the time they last opened (6 months ago?)

I cannot actually remember the exact amount of times DWH has closed down and reopened? It must have been at least 3 times now?

You should do research on a host before doing business with them. This is not by far the first time DWH has closed down, each time, they reopen. So really, they have not been around since 2006 solid, but since the time they last opened (6 months ago?)

hmmm ..This is my mistake for choosing a crappy hosting .

The Webhosting company Owner doesnt even reply which will force me to take some Legal actions agains him :mad: .

Clients are not Animals :mad:

Last edited:
As the owner is usually on these forums, hopefully he does have some offsite backups he can provide to you.

[JSH]John;1060425 said:
As the owner is usually on these forums, hopefully he does have some offsite backups he can provide to you.

I hope so .. Im contact him right now , and i hope that he has some backups .

I thought they had a message that said the server would last until the end of the month o.o

Hey,

Guess it was a matter of time before a thread hating on us would begin. I apologize for the lack of responses the past few days but since we have terminated all of our staff and it is now just the co-owners.

So the server was suppose to stay up for another week, but for some reason the DC decided to take it offline a few days ago. We are doing what we can and I am really sorry for our clients. We have previously had a backup server else where but this server was taken offline already but maybe we can still get it. There was no update really in the past few days which is why I haven't made any posts. DigitalWorldHost's main URL will be back online shortly and it will have another press release.

And Richard, I really think you should get your facts straight. We never closed for over 3 years. We changed management yes, but never closed. We had a grand re-opening, yes, but never closed. And three and a half years of no negative reviews says something for itself doesn't it? Please don't bash something that all of the co-owners have put a lot of time and money into.

We will do what we can to get the data back for our clients as soon as we can. What has happen is not acceptable and we thank everyone who has been understanding of the situation so far.

Regards,

Tang

P.S. As a side note, we massed emailed all clients through WHM and then created a thread here on FWS (as it is the forum where we got a good part of our clients) and updated our main URL to have a press release. We did all that we could to notify our clients and I apologize for any over sights that may have occured.

Last edited:
It's fine and dandy to sit here and blame us for all of the issues, but the truth is, we're the victims here as much as you or any other client. Being shut down 1 week early was NOT our intention (we, too, did not receive an email or any notification), and we ARE, in fact, trying to get the backups up.

We are VERY aptly aware that clients are not animals, and we do not treat them as such. There was a reason why we hadn't received any negative reviews over the past 3 years and it was because we treated our customers with respect.
That is why we
1) sent out an email (our only method of communication with you) to all clients when the decision was made
2) we took down our website and replaced it with a press release
3) and Tang even made it known here in the Host announcement section...
All in what we expected to be 2 weeks in advance.
What more could we have done? Is it, then, still our fault that you only found out today?

If it is our fault, then we are sorry, and we are trying to fix this issue for you, for every other client affected, and for us.

All in what we expected to be 2 weeks in advance.

But the server is down after 4 days which didnt leave me the time to react ( Taking backups of sites with more tha 4 GB / Finding another hosting ..ect )
This take alot of time and the notice should be before 1 month to let users react .

I hope that you find a solution at least for 2 of my websites as I consider theme Vital and importants.

@Richard : Im with DWH more than 1 year and I didnt faced any problem with theme except this .

Regards

Please keep an eye on www.digitalworldhost.com for updates as we will be updating that regularly and it is our main method of communicating with our clients at the moment.

We will also post any updates here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Tang

Last edited:
DigitalWorldHost.com has now been brought back online as a means of keeping in touch with our clients. If you have any more concerns or issues please visit the website.

It will be updated daily with any updates that we may or may not have.

DigitalWorldHost.com has now been brought back online as a means of keeping in touch with our clients. If you have any more concerns or issues please visit the website.

It will be updated daily with any updates that we may or may not have.
Hmm... Doesn't seem to be loading on my end?

EDIT: Loading now. Good luck in getting your data restored.

yea that bites.
However since he gave notice. His customers should have been quick to DL their sites data.

We have made an update but here it is again:

----
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009
Our former DC is looking to see if the server has been reformatted or not. It is taking sometime to track down the server as apparently it was moved.
----

Regards

Tang

I would like to place a note here:

After looking at prior post from the host here and at WHT.

Overselling is not a concept that works for any host other then the very large companies.

Even after three years in service. The provider is unable to overcome a blip on the economic front.

A overselling host is not a viable option for those seeking to have a finically secure provider.

Just my thoughts is all.

Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

I find that comment very disturbing Frank. Our business plan was extremely streamlined and well planned as well as executed. And while you may think that our servers were oversold, I assure you that they were not. Except for times when clients would cause overload to the server due to a security issue or a fault script, our customers never experienced any slowness in our servers. Our business plan allowed us to make a profit by gaining a lot of customers but making a minimal profit from each. For example, our lowest shared plan consisted of 2.5 GB of space and 10 GB of bandwidth for $1.00. And believe it or not that plan gave us the most profit margin on a per GB of bandwidth ratio. As the plans increased, our per GB of profit decreased, but because there was a steeper increase in quantity of GB, we were able to create a profit.

Please do not jump to conclusions as to why we closed. The decision to close was not that simple. DWH took over a 1 year and a half to break even and never during that time did we consider closing. If it were not for a combination of unfortunate events, then DWH would still be here.

Just because we are closing, doesn't mean that we failed and I ask that you please do not jump to conclusions and to respect the hard work that everyone involved with DWH has put into it. There was a reason why so many clients chose us, even more reasons as to why they all stayed with us, and there is also reason as to why we received zero public negative reviews over 3 and a half years while keeping an excellent uptime.

Back