• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Did you start your free host because ????

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
Im not sure if this is a daft question or not, But why did you decide your Free Host provider?

Did you start like the same way i did ?

My favorite free host provider closed down, So I thought I`d start my own, That seems like such a long time ago now..

The host was FreeNukehosting, It closed in Nov/Dec 2004

Maybe some of you may remember it, I know Bondings will :)

I did it to serve those who didn't have the money to get it paid. (Since I was hosting paid account, I thought why not free too?)

I started one (then another, then another, then another!) because I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it. So now I'm trying to permanently hand it off to someone else! :p

I don't have one yet, but I'm planning to start one in the future for several reasons. One of them is to attract users to the community while another reason would be to help those who cannot afford paid hosting.

I started originally in late 2005 and did it on and off since then, including Paid hosting.
I give free hosting because I know what it's like to not have the money to pay for it so I try to help those in the same position.

No free webhost was reliable enough to offer services that can cater our humble projects' needs. Even paid hosts, they failed us. So we finally bought a server of our own and offer to others the space we don't use.

My goal in starting ZoomCities 3 years ago was to provide high quality, efficient, fast and reliable hosting with NO ADS or what so ever.. so that everyone will enjoy.. :) and that is still our goal today..

Zac

I'm not really sure why, I've just always wanted to be a host, but I didn't want the responsibility of charging customers etc....so free was the way to go. I still treat my users with respect etc, but there is less pressure.

There are a lot of reasons for me.

1) Knowledge

2) Friendship

3) Impact

4) Meaning

Anyone who starts a host for money is going to be hopelessly disappointed. It is very hard work for much less than minimum wage!

Honorable Answer!

I'm not really sure why, I've just always wanted to be a host, but I didn't want the responsibility of charging customers etc....so free was the way to go. I still treat my users with respect etc, but there is less pressure.

One of the better answers I've seen.

We don't want the pressure of managing our paid account with an unknown provider either. You seem to recognize that people spend more on coffee per day than beginning paid hosts charge. Now we can dispense with "not being able to afford" hosting.

At least in America, paying for something has become The Right To Yell. You are subtly declaring that you'll do what you can, but you're not being financed by Bear Stearns either.

The flip side of that kind of declaration is to make sure the Terms are lenient. (Example from some hosts I declined: Don't nuke people's accounts for not "logging in every month".)

One of the better answers I've seen.

We don't want the pressure of managing our paid account with an unknown provider either. You seem to recognize that people spend more on coffee per day than beginning paid hosts charge. Now we can dispense with "not being able to afford" hosting.

At least in America, paying for something has become The Right To Yell. You are subtly declaring that you'll do what you can, but you're not being financed by Bear Stearns either.

The flip side of that kind of declaration is to make sure the Terms are lenient. (Example from some hosts I declined: Don't nuke people's accounts for not "logging in every month".)

Way to go! 4 months late replying. :devious2: lol
Im only 20 days late replying to you :p
Idk why I felt the need to bump this thread saying that but its all good.. Lets all bump it up

I offered free hosting for Chistian Websites Contents... this help people to tell anothers the words of GOD...

Threads are not Supermarket Lettuce

Way to go! 4 months late replying. lol
Im only 20 days late replying to you.
Idk why I felt the need to bump this thread saying that but its all good.. Lets all bump it up

Subsequent to my post, another host crashed.

I actually signed up very recently, and went Thread Shopping.

(He Came, He Saw, He Posted.)

My first host i started was for profit, no lie. Then i shut that down and started this one (in my sig) to help raise money for cancer so that it can be beaten.

Back