• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Desktop friendly web design?

deanhills

Just a year or more ago it became the in thing to get a Website to be mobile friendly. All kinds of technologies came out like Bootstrap etc. Google even worked this into its search engine rating system. But lately I've become irritated with Website design that is mobile phone focused to the detriment of what it looks like on a desktop. I.e. those HUGE screens with single photos and very difficult to navigate in desktop mode. Any one else also experienced this? One would navigate vertically and all of a sudden be thrown into horizontal scrolling. It also takes for ages to scroll to the bottom of the Website.

Just something else the smart phone zombie crowd seems to be responsible for? :p

I totally agree with you like you have to overhaul your entire website for these smartphone ''zombies'' :D however we need to take care of them as majority of people are now reaching internet through smart devices.

I prefer to use PC/Laptop for purchasing, Its so easy to copy paste,etc but on mobile it can be difficult.

Few month ago one of eCommerce site force users to use their APP and show error on PC but they learn within 1 month, 67% desktop users did not purchase any item from them and also google penalize their website and many keywords was goes to 20, to 100 position ;)

Back