• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Delete Hostin Accounts?

HWF

Is there a way to delete all accounts which are using 0 Disk Space?

I know how to do it manully but is there an easier way?

I'd be very careful with a script to do that.

If we're talking about WHM, it caches all statistics so you could end up deleting an account that is in use.

if you are using Plesk as your webhosting control panel then you can simply sort all accounts based on disk space usage and then delete them.
hope this would help you ;)

@Hostco,
If you check his signature, you'll find that he's not.

@HWF,
If I understand correctly, you want to delete all unused websites? The problems with deleting all websites with 0Mb used is as follows:

1) WHM data is cached, as Glenn pointed out, so the value might have changed since then.

2) If a client has a very small website, such that it shows up as 0, then it will be deleted as well. There are some potentially useful applications where you don't need a large website, such as if your website is a simple PHP script tool for people to use.

The best way to do this is to also check the file contents. You should have a default page you set up in the cpanel3-skel folder, and so you can visit the website in PHP to see if it matches. (If you didn't, it will be empty so check for that.)

Run both tests for all your files, in a PHP script, and you can have it generate a link to the 'Terminate Multiple Accounts' feature in the WHM. You'll find this script will come in handy later too.

Actually many of my KH1 plan users have 0 show up as their disk space usage. This is because they are usually just hosting one or two static HTML pages, and WHM does not even count that.
We do monthly maintenance each month, the manual way, to make sure no accidents happen.

Or, if you have to go with a script, see my post. It's the safest way. In order to be removed, a client would have to have a small webpage hosted away from the index directory, in which case, a manual search through more than 100 accounts for that would take too long anyways.

Back