• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedi Quote

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
Looking at a CHEAP dedicated server. 30-60$/m budget, preferring 30-40$ area.

Must have:

Debian 4.0 or CentOS 5
500Mhz+ Processor

Quote 1GB ram and 2GB Ram, no 512MB packages. I'm cautioning, I want quotes for both RAM's, don't give me just one RAM package, or you'll be discredited.

300GB+ Bandwidth

Cheap/Free OS Reloads or IP KVM for me to do it myself if that's what it takes. I'm dealing with some experimental stuff and I may muck up the first 1 or two times till I get it absolutely right. :fangel:

30GB+space, 80+ preferred.

2IP's is all I need, but I can use 3, so if your package has more IP's as long as it doesn't affect my price.

NO CONTROL PANEL. At the most you can have Webmin installed, absolutely nothing else.

Happy Bidding.

Last edited:
umm no processor requirements?

then why not get a VPS?

If you can find a VPS in my price range with 1GB dedicated RAM and 4GB burstable let me know. A single app i'm running, Zimbra, requires 512MB of RAM (pure ram not swap) and 2GB of swap just to idle. It take 3.5GB of ram to INSTALL it, I cannot install it if i can't burst to 4GB. So my requirements are dedi so that I can have swap. Another app i'm running on there takes 30-70MB of RAM per instance + an apache spawn. It goes up quickly, the confines of limited ram and no swap has become extremely agitating. I want RAM and good swap, being able to request a partition table would be nice, or at least so that I can have 5GB swap partition, and then the rest of it one partition.

hmmm, sorry, the lowest i can get you id probably no lower than $80 for a dedi with 4gb ram. sorry.

if it needs 4 to install the software, then i will have to have it set up with 4. i could tell them to remove it after wards, but, then i would be charged for removing it. that is just a pain. you should just stick with the 4gb.

if it needs 4 to install the software, then i will have to have it set up with 4. i could tell them to remove it after wards, but, then i would be charged for removing it. that is just a pain. you should just stick with the 4gb.

No you misunderstand. It needs 4GB of "space". On a dedi it can be installed because what can't fit in RAM gets swapped. On a VPS all my running items have to be stored in my pitiful little RAM allotment. So that means to install it I have to have 4GB of ram allotted to my account or else it can't install properly. Which is why I said it would have to be 4GB Burstable on a VPS. My original needs still stand in my original post :p.

that is some serious requirements. but i get what you're saying.

why don't you try burst.NET servers? they're usually VERY cheap.

I mean I can get you one for about $60 if you want.

Hello,

vpsWOW & dediWOW would like to offer you the following ;

Intel Celeron 3.0GHz
80GB IDE Hard Drive
1GB DDR RAM
2000GB Monthly Bandwidth
5 IP Addresses
100mbit Uplink
Only £25.00 per month!
Order Here

Hey,

It is £25.00 ($50.00) per month, you can add an extra 1GB of RAM for £8.00 ($16.00) per month!

why don't you just buy it from a burst reseller? It's like $10 cheaper and the specs are the same

Got a good recommendation of one? I know Burst has some bad rep, but this is still mainly a sandbox setup so I don't need top notch.

Back