• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Deal or no deal....

Deal or no deal?

• Total voters

Tracker

PROFILE NOT FOUND
Staff member
NLC
Ok so I got a job offer from a LARGE hosting company...I turned it down and then they said tell them what I would need in order to take it. So this is what I am going to tell them...

$15/hr
$800 relocation

Its a full time position with benefits and all however taking this job would mean moving 15 hours away from all my family friends and everything to texas. Would it be worth it?

What would you do?

To texas? I'd be able to visit you :D

Ask for a little bit more :p And if they hesitate, ask what'd be the max they could give you, lol.

Ask yourself what is more important.

1. Staying where you are near your family and friends with a lower paying job, if one at all
2. Moving 15 hours away to a good-paying job and a job you obviously love doing and having time off now and then to travel the 15 hours to visit family and friends and them visit you?

My choice would be the latter. But as mentioned, it's up to you.

You'd be close to the cPanel main Office :p

If you are fine with moving away from your family, then take it. If you want to stay close to your family, then don't. It's up to you what you feel the most comfortable with.

No deal. Because I know who some of the largest hosting firms in Texas are, I have friends who work at a few. And you don't want to.

what companies?

The Planet and HostGator.

I didn't realize ColoGuys was in Texas though, I've heard great things about them. Still... I've been to Texas, and I would never, ever live there. It'd take a lot to get me to go back at all.

Last edited:
The Planet and HostGator.

I didn't realize ColoGuys was in Texas though, I've heard great things about them. Still... I've been to Texas, and I would never, ever live there. It'd take a lot to get me to go back at all.

From what I seen its not as bad as FL ;) I lived there for 16 years of my life

If it's a big firm, it might be a good opportunity. Frankly, jumping around the country will leave you in a spot you don't want to be pretty quickly. Not being able to retain personal relationships is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. But the economy is tough, so you do what you have to do. :)

Back