• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DDoS Attack

nice to see the site back up, but, when are you guys going to finish fixing it?

Geez dude. The site just had a massive DDOS attack that killed it for 48 hours. Give them some $(%**% time to get us back up before you ----- about them finish fixing it.

They've been working to stop the DDOS and protect the server.

We hope to have everything working as usual later today. From what I can see everything on the forum is working. If you notice any problems let us know by sending a pm to me.

We hope to have everything working as usual later today. From what I can see everything on the forum is working. If you notice any problems let us know by sending a pm to me.

Yarrr, it be loading fine me matey!

Geez dude. The site just had a massive DDOS attack that killed it for 48 hours. Give them some $(%**% time to get us back up before you ----- about them finish fixing it.

They've been working to stop the DDOS and protect the server.
that was just slightly rude and uncalled for. being a moderator, i would think you would be a little more professional with your responses.

this was the perfect response. thanks PEO.

@Roberts once again, i was just curious as to how long till it was fully fixed. i am not trying to rush anyone. i am actually surprised it is as far along as it is already. so, lets try being a little more professional in the future. k, thanks.

as for the site loading, seems to be working great. all i was really curious about really was when we would be able to type freewebspace.net again instead of the IP address. no real rush since you guys have it forwarded obviously. :D

Last edited:
methodcomptech: That however is out of our control. Most visitors can already access the domain and within a day I beleive everybody will. When it resolves depends on your isp, cache etc and doesn't have anything to do with us.

that was just slightly rude and uncalled for. being a moderator, i would think you would be a little more professional with your responses.

this was the perfect response. thanks PEO.

To be honest MCT, Robert was being polite - chain of command :) 'Grunts' (us), folk with baseball bats (mods), nice wording as weapons (admins) - think yourself lucky Jan wasn't around when you said that (baseball bat wrapped up in nice wording) :lol:

It did come across as a bit - well you know - the folks had just knocked themselves out getting the board back up and that in itself deserves some amount of thanks from us all - it's rumoured Colin even did work for goodness sakes :p

Big thumbs up - oh ar (talk like a pirate day) to Todd & Peo :wave::beer:

WHT hasn't been loading for me all day. Good on FWS for sorting it out. I'm back from the summer and all this crap happens.

Wow that was a huge DDoS attack, I hope the person that done it is found and locked up with the keys thrown away...

I'm glad the forums are back, I was starting to worry they wouldn't come back.. well done guys.

Back