• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dammit

Eh, stop trying to be my therapist.

I'm out in the sun all the time. I don't sit at home and drink, I go out with friends.

I'm not a hermit and I'm fairly active.

Thanks for trying to size me up, though!

Last edited:
Whinge whinge. Let me tell you a little secret, in the last 2ish weeks I've dropped about 5 or 6kg simply by imposing a semi-diet on myself... what do I imposed? No food after 6PM. I actually only adhered to it about 4 days per week. I now weigh exactly 80kg, which is pretty much my standard normal weight. I have a great fear that if I put on more than 5 or 6 kilo that I won't fit into any of my clothes. Hence every so often I do this "diet". I still eat greasy takeaway all the time. Why don't I go on a real diet? Because I know this works. Now what "works" for you Ben in your situation is frankly none of my business; but you're not going to find it if you don't try different things and find something that works. Antidepressant pills don't cure depression, they just take the edge off.

Again I refer to your statement "my situation far surpasses cookie-cutter depression" - is that just a reason for you to believe that there's nothing to be done about your particular persistent depression? "Eh, stop trying to be my therapist." Whateva, you're a big boy you should be able to take care of yourself.

Whateva, you're a big boy you should be able to take care of yourself.
Vanna, let's show him what he's won!

[snip]

I'm younger than you but I'm not a child. I can take care of myself without your unneeded advice.

Last edited:
Whinge whinge. Let me tell you a little secret, in the last 2ish weeks I've dropped about 5 or 6kg simply by imposing a semi-diet on myself... what do I imposed? No food after 6PM. I actually only adhered to it about 4 days per week. I now weigh exactly 80kg, which is pretty much my standard normal weight. I have a great fear that if I put on more than 5 or 6 kilo that I won't fit into any of my clothes. Hence every so often I do this "diet". I still eat greasy takeaway all the time. Why don't I go on a real diet? Because I know this works. Now what "works" for you Ben in your situation is frankly none of my business; but you're not going to find it if you don't try different things and find something that works. Antidepressant pills don't cure depression, they just take the edge off.

Again I refer to your statement "my situation far surpasses cookie-cutter depression" - is that just a reason for you to believe that there's nothing to be done about your particular persistent depression? "Eh, stop trying to be my therapist." Whateva, you're a big boy you should be able to take care of yourself.

Diets are not exactly healthy, just to let you know. I've also lost over 40 lbs in the last year simply by exercising! No huge change to my diet.

Correct! (I didn't see where it was in my profile before). Ben = April 14, 1989. I still ponder over this "cookie cutter depression"... are you suggesting you know more about depression than just your own experience? I mean, who are you to say that anyone going through prolonged depression is suffering "cookie cutter depression"? You can't cure depression medicinally, it is literally tackled on a case-by-case basis...

Correct! (I didn't see where it was in my profile before). Ben = April 14, 1989. I still ponder over this "cookie cutter depression"... are you suggesting you know more about depression than just your own experience? I mean, who are you to say that anyone going through prolonged depression is suffering "cookie cutter depression"? You can't cure depression medicinally, it is literally tackled on a case-by-case basis...

I may have missed something.. Please let me know if I have.. But who died and made you the expert Meksilon?

Eh, stop trying to be my therapist.

I'm out in the sun all the time. I don't sit at home and drink, I go out with friends.

I'm not a hermit and I'm fairly active.

Thanks for trying to size me up, though!

If I was a therapist, I wouldn't be in the web hosting business.

I'm just a guy that likes to fix things, and over the years I've noticed a few easy fixes for certain problems a lot of people complain about. Not exactly hard to do with so many people out there having similar problems. Just telling you what's worked for me over the years.

Do what you will with people's suggestions, you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink it.

depression !== bored
Chronic boredom leads to depression because it leaves you with a lot of time to sit around and think about everything in your life and how it has all conspired against you to leave you with nothing better to do than sit there thinking about the significance of your life. Been there done that, still happens from time to time.

Last edited:
holy ---- Ben, this thread is depressing the ---- out of me. grab a cold brew and give me a call so we can cheer up. this thread should be closed for the lack of respect shown to Ben by the people trying to give advice he said he doesnt want. go get psychiatrist diplomas and then give advice, till then, screw off if someone says they dont want your advice.

I'm just a guy that likes to fix things, and over the years I've noticed a few easy fixes for certain problems a lot of people complain about. Not exactly hard to do with so many people out there having similar problems. Just telling you what's worked for me over the years.
Yeah, but with me it's not just depression. That's only one part of it. It's the only part I'm taking medicine for. I refuse to take meds for the other part because of what they'll do to me. Even though it would be short-term. I left it in a post long enough for Meksilon to see it then edited it out once he replied.

Like I said, stop giving me advice; I don't need it, I don't want it; It's useless in my situation.

Thank you iBright, I completely agree with you.

Last edited:
Back