• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ctrl-alt-deli.com dead?

luminire

k guys, so i've been using ctrl-alt-deli.com hosting for quite some time now, and it's very comfortable... but what the hell? they've been down for three days now and that's not good. what the hell is going on?

does anybody know? :(

This isn't a thread for hosts to reply to offer their services. If you don't know why ctrl-alt-deli.com is not online, then do not reply

i would, but 3 days? and decker always tells me stuff about ctrl-alt-deli. it's just weird that he didn't contact me. :/

He might be updating the site or something. He might be working hard to get it back to working order to tell anyone. I would give it a lil time. He has always seemed like a good guy to me so I highly think he would just up and do it with out a good reason.

Romeo18 said:
He might be updating the site or something.
Updating the Site doesn't cause Downtime :) or even if he was updating the Server, he would have notfied the clients well in advance.

Romeo18 said:
He has always seemed like a good guy to me so I highly think he would just up and do it with out a good reason.

Agreed. There must be some major issue.

Luminire, Maybe you can give them a call here :: 4401313347391

hey it's alright. everything's up now, but all my sub domains don't appear to work for ME only. maybe it's ISP problems!?

oh and... Tamranda... it's "luminire," with a lowercase L. :p

yeah as i said, everything's back. i think their servers crashed, and they restored to the latest backup they had, coz my music forums has something missing. and yeah i still can't view my subdomains. :(

As decker hasn't replied, I have not been in contact with him for the 3 days, mainly because our server went down and one of the HDD failed to boot, so instead of getting a new server we decided to get another HDD put in it to boot from that and save all the files so that is how long it has taken, Thats all I have heard from the datacenter but server is back online now and all is good again.

Danny

luminire said:
yeah as i said, everything's back. i think their servers crashed, and they restored to the latest backup they had, coz my music forums has something missing. and yeah i still can't view my subdomains. :(

Dudes and guys as much as i know there servers didnt crash (as in HDD burnt to asses) they were hacked as somone ran irc bot and they had ddos attacks took whole. They had been doing restoration for last 2 days as they had wiped that server which was hacked and doing testing and stuff. And yaa what do u expect from decker? he gonaa look after the server or come here and post replies? I just today got my MTA server back online. but the problem is that whenever i connect to shell the putty says Potential Threat of Fake or Something like that Server. Dont know why thats happening but check ctrl-alt-deli.com its back online already.

I didnt loose any files thanks to backing up so i hope no one else lost data either .

As far as I know we were not hacked nor DDos'd, There were some IRC on the server but they were deleted a few days before this, the boot drive failed is what I understand so the DC loaded a bootable HDD and saved the clients files. Link, if you have your own server with us (I do not know as I haven't dealt with you) then your server should've been file and when I log into shell I do not get that message, it is basically running on a whole new OS. If you are connecting to Shell on your server that message is coming from your server not ours.

I do not know where the Hacking theory has come from but I haven't as yet spoke to decker, but the DC quote is below:

Hi Daniel,

We have been in touch with Rickie for the past two days. Server crashed and we attempted to reboot it, it just wouldn't boot. We have installed a fresh copy of OS on another drive in order to boot the machine and save the files on the disk.

We are working to get your server stabilized. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Milovan Milic
SolidHost Engineer

Best Regards
Danny

EDIT: RICKIE IS DECKER BY THE WAY LOL

LOL well either decker told me wrong or as u havent spoken to him, u dont know the decker story LOL ( the decker story told to me by decker ) .

well I know someone uploaded the IRC bot but that was sorted a couple of days before.

I will contact him now

I know it's a bit late in getting in here and explaining what was going on, but here goes.

CAD were the target for a very nasty multi pronged attack, thanks to Leyther for trying to kep the panic to a minimum and apologies to those that I couldn't contact.

Basically we had everything from DDoS, IRC bots, UDP floods, SPAM mailers, self replicating hacks, you name it. All in through one or two vulnerable scripts.

I was personally at it for 72 hours straight (bar a couple of passing out episodeds) to save what we could, we had to disconnect the backup drive to avoid damage to that and avoid taking any parts of it over on the regular backup.

The multiple attacking IP's used kept changing so simply adding them to iptables didn't work even for full subnets - many thanks to all those supplying and advertising annonymous proxies and gateways (sarcasm if you missed it).

The main shared server was at the end of the day trashed, and had to be rebuilt from scratch, and in the attackers infinate wisdom they didn't quit at that but kept an open port scan on the IP range of that server, and first chance in they went again.

I've posted elsewhere, but all the hack tools were simply ftp'd through shell from sites all hosted by home.ro. Through the vulnerability they managed to kill services and access shell access.

We spent all our time continiually finding and deleting components and have been working on ensuring this does not happen again ever since, so again apologies for the delays in an explaination as I know a lot of FWS members have joined us and so deserve an explination.

In almost 7 years we've had a share of outages for various reasons but none on this scale, and we hope it's the last.

Best Regards and thank you all for your patience (not a bad word has been said to us over this only enquiries and concern that all was okay, again thank you all for being so considerate)
All at Ctrl-Alt-Deli.com

Oh Tamranda - that was my home number you just gave out, which has been recently changed :shame:

Last edited:
Decker said:
Oh Tamranda - that was my home number you just gave out, which has been recently changed :shame:

I found it in your Whois or somewhere & though it might be of some help to your clients.

Anyways, Its not just you, even we faced a pretty big Dos Attack on one of our servers this week :sad2:

Hostnetway.com has been under one to for almost a week and it looks like they are still at it :devious2:

I know mate - ever get the feeling you just want to find the gits and go medievil on them, pair of pliers and a blowtorch come to mind. The reg details are for my home and not business (as that's the way I reg them, ownership) so I probably went personal, got a few more things going on at the mo apart from that and trying to keep them seperate - failed there, no harm meant :)

Back