• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crunch-Host threatens to DDoS a site - respect = gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying one thing in anger and actually doing it are two different things entirely, As said previous you only knew half the story and we were both at fault for throwing threats upon each other.

Other than that I am glad to have this cleared up as we are not responsible for any DDOS and to suggest we were involved with the attacks here is just plain silly without any solid proof, so untill any of you guys have solid proof then the rumours are over.

Loved the WHT bit by TrySparta (Junior Guru Wannabe - says it all - hiya junior :D ), knows bugger all about UK legalities, but thinks they do :) (and their grammar is bad) one of the reasons I don't go to that bad place full of muppets. You can actually register in the UK (as in England and Wales ... but can also register in Scotland, 2 different company registration numbers though)

Something that is in place due to the fact that Scotland has it's own government, and it's still a bloody country, not a bit of someone else's - loads of folk forget that now :)

Sorry if it seems off topic but any variation from the facts above will incur my wrath :D

And people are wondering why FWS is going quiet, who in the mind would want to find an host on here when hosts fight like they do.

:ninja:

I am wondering, why don't both side just put a remark, stated that the website does not related with the other website.
then the problem can consider solve, right?

I am wondering, why don't both side just put a remark, stated that the website does not related with the other website.
then the problem can consider solve, right?

That might not be enough. Even a large bold-faced disclaimer the size of the company logo would be ignored by a lot of clients, who would continue to make support tickets with the wrong company. That's what started all this, support tickets being logged with the wrong company's system.

Legally if the names are not infringing on each other, there really isn't much that these two can do about the conflict unless one of them either rebadges or sells out to the other. Or they work together to form the First Intergalactic Empire. Rather International Web Hosting Provider.

The simple solution to that would be to disable the ability for non-clients to open support tickets. Problem solved.

And then you have them register an account anyway, or you have to get a custom support solution that will verify them on the servers (Or the old fasioned way set up each support account manually which would be too time consuming on a free hosting scale)

Also that was only one of the reasons, crunchhost.com was being linked on warez forums and one or two had put the "-" between crunch and host bringing us traffic from warez forums which we do not want, and finally when searching on google loads of pages were coming up for downloads of crunchhost.com template which was ripped and that is not a good image if clients got confused between us 2 hosts.

That said it is all resolved and sadi has traced the DDOS attack back to his own country Albania so case closed on the DDOS front.

hmm.... if thats the case, then it would be hard to make sure clients will not posting ticket to the wrong place...

Our domain is different, so clients should check before they submit.

Also surely they must see when they come on the website - IE free hosting, different design, different support link and software

No AboutWeb the fault is you did not read properly, I do not have stupid clients it is the OTHER crunchhost whos clients keep opening tickets in OUR system not US.

Okay since the argument has been settled, there is no longer a need for this thread to be further lengthened. If you would like to seek the opinions of other members on possible solutions to your problem, feel free to create another thread.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back