• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crissic VPS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if your unsure what future your company has - Why are you allowing people to continue to signup to your service? Smells like one last attempt to try generate some money to me.

Also, if your unsure what future your company has - Why are you allowing people to continue to signup to your service? Smells like one last attempt to try generate some money to me.

Try getting your nose checked out then please.

he never said he was for sure shutting down, simply re-vamping, and has not decided if he will shut down or not, but, giving people a chance to get their stuff if they want to move to another host, or keep him. so, why not take new clients. that could be his deciding factor. if you get new clients, then he would have a reason to stay in the game if he is making money. if he isnt, then yeah, shut down.

Skylar I feel that there is not really any excuse for this. If you are getting so busy that you are not able to manage and support your clients you should pass the clients onto a host that has more time to dedicate to it and move on for now. Im not saying that you should never be in the hosting industry. Rather that if you dont have the time then turn the clients over to someone who does have the time and try again once you have the time.

I am not gonna play the "your a minor" card because in my opinion age is just a number and it does not have any effect on someones ability to do work. If you have the capability and responsibility to run a company then that is great. But part of that responsibility is to realize when you need to move on. I honestly think that the time for you to do so is here.

You can take this any way you want but its just how I feel.

Try getting your nose checked out then please.

Why? Smell's fine - I've not just left my customers dangling because my social life took over along with home life and school. I don't care about your age either.

I've followed all the threads about your company, even the long winded ones on WHT where people have posted about you being online and not even bothering to address your worried customers.

I don't honestly believe you've got much to work out - Close up shop either by giving clients time to move properly or sell to someone who's willing to bail out your customers for a reasonable price.

Whilst your figuring out how to restructure the smartest thing you can do is close your ordering page off or disable links going through to the order page.

It would be a nightmare if 1 or more customers parted with money only for you to decide in 3 days time you've had enough and packed up and disappeared and ignored all plea's for help from customers until you next get a break in your social calendar.

How sad Skylar, its a "shame" that it had to go like this.

Oh by the way, you still owe me the $700 worth of wages when I worked my arse off for you...

I already move to other VPS provider because of your negligence. i just want a professional service with customer interaction and i want a VPS provider that are willing to give extra mile to their client.

my 2 cents, I advice you take up Customer service training to run your business, it can help run your business well.

Thanks

Skylar...

what the heck where you up to?

You scr3wed so many people over it isn't even funny. I had to move beforehand to another provider. Your silly antics cost alot of people their businesses... and it seems that you have no emotion over the fact that for the last few weeks you cost people alot of money...

There is no support... you are a one man team, and when you decide that you are going to go to band camp or play your flight simulator games or take a hiatus from your business, it is detrimental to us all because you cut us off from support.

I told you on numerous ocassions to hire support. It seems to me that Adam left.... Roger S. Left.... and now I can understand why...

You don't realize that your reputation as a provider has been impacted seriously from this. People are now going to associate you with a totally different class of hosts. Instead of being associated with One of those "VPS Providers", you are closer and closer to being associated with GeekRack, and other companies that have just run off and let their clients be hung out to try.

Trust me you and I are the same age, and as Tracker said the minor card should be not be used against you. However, it isn't so much your age, but your immaturity to handle this situation like a man and own up to the fact that you didn't pay attention to LSN's messages and alerts regarding the Infomart -> Databank switch.

Getting involved in this thread like nothing ever happened is just nuts. Are you totally oblivious to what has happened?

I understand that you are trying to handle this in a professional manner, and I admire that but you have to realize that this affects more people/businesses besides Crissic...

Last edited:
Skylar, if you don't have the time to manage your host, I recommend you quit until you do find time. It isn't fair for your clients to wait for you to find time to provide the service that they pay for. They paid for a service and left it up to you to provide it, not provide it only when you feel like it.

Also, your decision to close shop in 72 hours is also a bad idea. What if it takes some of your clients longer than 72 hours to get their data? What if they missed your notifications? What if they're on holiday break and out of town?

There's so many things that may cause your clients to miss this 72 hour deadline to get their data before you start terminating. I recommend you only terminate if people request cancellations (or stop paying their bills).

Also, your decision to close shop in 72 hours is also a bad idea. What if it takes some of your clients longer than 72 hours to get their data? What if they missed your notifications? What if they're on holiday break and out of town?
That doesn't matter how long will it be because some of them (customers) might not see the notification even in a month ;)

I never receive any notification about downtime. in short, you don't care about your customer because if you care, no matter how busy you're, you should inform your customer about the plan or un-plan downtime.

you leave us in the dark, that is 3 days in a row

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents in this debacle,

Skylar I really did think you were going to prove me wrong with regards to you being to young to run a company. There was glimpses of hope at the start when you became at least semi known in the hosting industry and it all looked as if it was going to boom.

Now I know myself and others were right you dont have the time to run the company fully with your school studies/life routine and im pretty dissapointed in you for the way this has been handled.

Skylar, I put faith into you aswell when you first started and helped you out a little, Hope you can get this sorted.

I'd say Skylar, I saw trust in you, hence helping you out a lot, but personally you have let me down. I'd like to see you return, but you seriously need help. Somebody your age running a company, is just not right anymore, your LLC was practically illegal, and you just didn't run it good at all, I mean the amount of un-answered tickets :tired2:

Does this mean you're closing Crissic Solutions? If so, I think it's best you email all your clients. I've received no emails about this yet. I'm glad I didn't sell more VPS's through you if this is the way it was going...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back