• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crissic VPS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a good idea. I wouldn't like a bunch of internet stalkers harrassing me for something that my son did behind my back.

OK Jan, could you please do it, I'm on a 500MHZ laptop, 64MB ram on a 28.8K dialup connection, and edit keeps freezing my internet browser!

Otherwise I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Way to go Cameron. You put alot of effort into this LOL!

I've had alot of bad luck personally, ever since you went down... I then moved to Crissic... and now look what happens...

Luckily I was ahead of the curve and made sufficient backups and switched before this mess hit

I'm gonna see if Tracker made any progress :)

ay to go Cameron. You put alot of effort into this LOL!

I've had alot of bad luck personally, ever since you went down... I then moved to Crissic... and now look what happens...

Luckily I was ahead of the curve and made sufficient backups and switched before this mess hit

I'm gonna see if Tracker made any progress
I believe he will. Because everyone need to progress.

Just read WHT;

According to the Washington Registry - Crissic Solutions LCC - INACTIVE and the site is a 404/Not Found - it's safe to say BYE BYE now.

He wont be back. He pulled a geekrack. The numbers I tried calling all lead to disconnected or wrong numbers. The only other option is to call his mother at work.

Called work number

I called the work number, and all I got was the voicemail. WTF? There's no one at the bank?

Update:

Just want to let everyone know that I called his Mom's workplace and was able to figure out the whole extension game to get to her voicemail. (Call {{REMOVED}}, then press {{REMOVED}}, and then when it asks to enter numbers corresponding to letters, enter {{REMOVED}}, and you'll get the voicemal of Heather Shelby).

I told her who I was and that I was calling in regards to her son, and that we all just wanted our data back so if she could talk to her son.

I left her my phone number, so hopefully she calls back).

I also got another number from her voicemail saying if it was an emergency to call {{REMOVED}}

Now I don't know if this is her number, or a number at her work, or her boss, or a number of the head branch of where she works or whatever, but it's another number all the same that we know now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of writting up a rather "full" explanation behind the latest issues with Crissic; but I wanted to clear up a few things:

A) No Crissic was not and has never been ran off of "allowance" money; the speculation was poor and rather silly.
B) I haven't had the TIME to work on Crissic; which caused most of the issues. The latest downtime was due to the Limestone Networks datacenter move. Go figure; they somehow managed to shut down the servers wrong; resulting in the servers not booting up fully. I also believe there to be an issue with the VLAN; this is still under investigation.

to answer a few questions:

Is Crissic intending to close?
At this point; I am reviewing my options. I cannot leave all of the clients stranded; so I AM fixing all server issues to bring them up online. All clients will be given a 72 hour window to grab backups and soforth. If you wish to remain as a client; please open a ticket with us and notify us. Lack of notification will result in your VPS being terminated.

We intend to scale back and start "fresh" -- I have to bring in a lot of new ideas and bring in a lot more management and structure behind everything.

To clear one thing up the issues are not funding related.

I am working with the one Wiresix dedicated client to rectify the situation.

I am truly sorry for all of the issues; and we are working on a solution. Please bear with me as I rectify the situation.

I would also like to note that to those who are not directly affected by the issue; but persist in continuing the thread by making un-required posts and talking about "age" "maturity" and the likes are not welcome. Please, for the sake of the clients, if you are not affected then leave the thread be.

Skyar, im effected and very mad. ;)

Thank you for your sarcasm :p

Quick update on what I do intend on doing:

I will allow 72 hours for data recovery; once I have everything up. At which point, I will asses how many clients wish to stay. AT that point I can decide to either A) remove most of my servers back down to 1 node at LSN and start over. or B) Officially "close"; hold onto the domain and such; and open when I have "more experience" or what-have-you.

I would like to note that if I do end up shutting Crissic down; this does not mean I am out of the industry totally. I will still be floating around on the forums and keeping up-to-date.

It's great to hear you're going to get everything back up long enough to get data. :)

Question though, will this 72 hour window be before, after or during Christmas? I'm wondering how many people will be able to get their data if the window is during Christmas simply because of the time of year.

Best of luck.
:)

It's great to hear you're going to get everything back up long enough to get data. :)

Question though, will this 72 hour window be before, after or during Christmas? I'm wondering how many people will be able to get their data if the window is during Christmas simply because of the time of year.

Best of luck.
:)

I can only guarantee a 72 hour window; but I will keep the servers up as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back