• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Craigs gone geekrack style ? :o

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Last edited:
Dear All,

The issue with UK Easily being down is not a technical issue, the network feed we supply then was disconnected yesterday. I do appreciate there are a lot of customers that use UK Easily that need access to their data. I am going to bring up the port for the next 3 hours so you can retrieve your data.

I would like to stress that UK Grid does not own the Data Centre that UK Easily hosts in, we merely provide them with IP transit from one of our own facilities in Greenheys.

Many thanks
Paddy

UK Grid
0845 260 4743
Found that on the last page on the WHT thread.

As the post on webhostingworld suggests, looks to be a billing issue IE: Bills not paid. Hopefully you guys get this sorted!

This in e-mail this morning;

Hi
We are currently having some network issues on our UK networks, our tecs are working on fixing these issues now. Once we are back another update will follow. At the moment we don't have any EST.
We apologise for any inconvenience. You are welcome to pass this message on should you need too.
Thanks, Paul Berry, P9.

I am going to bring up the port for the next 3 hours so you can retrieve your data.

That makes it sound like, get your stuff, or just leave. Doesn't matter, we are closed?

Thats not Ukeasily themselves though, thats their supposed IP transit provider.

Ouch,

It would appear that many big providers are going down these days.
#1 - GeekRack
#2 - UKEasily
#3 - Who do you think it'll be?

Regards

Another rough and tumble situation :)

I'd take Craigs word on (most :p) of it though, he's the level headed one (yep believe it or not :D)

i got their email regarding it. Im not too fussed, their a very good company 99% of the time.

Looks like they're slowly getting back online. :)

They are a good company but their sales/billing staff need a bit of a push in my own personal experience with them.

Yeah I remember the staff being a bit pointless sometimes and then I'd request Craig and he'd get things moving again. For months they told me my email not working was my fault, when it was theirs. I think they'll get things back together though, a good company overall.

[JSH]John;992689 said:
Looks like they're slowly getting back online. :)

They are a good company but their sales/billing staff need a bit of a push in my own personal experience with them.

Yeah... very, very slowly. :confused4

Craig is about the only good man there. One of the best, actually.

I've been down for 5 days now with no response from anyone. I just want my data and I'll be happy. I just did a good amount of advertising for a site hosted with HD. I hope this is cleared up soon.

Craig's signature:

All my views are my own personal opinion and do not represent how my companies are run.
HostingDepartment Web Hosting | #1 for FWS users | Hosting 1871 FWS users now

Strange there aren't any more complaints :confused:

There's alot on WHT though. I agree with SC, as I replied on the thread a few days ago, why aren't people keeping automated backups, yet just blame the hoster for you not keeping your own.

Granted everyone wants their data back and safe, but if it's that important, I'd keep constant automated backups. (Not that you shouldn't even if it's not important)

Back