• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cPanel server configuration/hardening - $44.99

BrandonTheG

CEO
NLC
Hello FreeWebSpace,

I am going to start off by getting into the cPanel server configuration/hardening service. I will go in and perform the following services to your VPS/Dedicated Server. I aim turn around time to be within 72 hours.

• Basic cPanel Setup
  • Check for/apply cPanel updates (and set cPanel to automatically update)
  • Check for/apply and kernel updates Dedicated Servers Only
  • Install/Configure ConfigServer Firewall
  • Compile Apache to latest version
  • Compile PHP to latest version specific (5.2.x or 5.3.x) -- Please note we will do a default featureset, if you need a custom module installed please let us know ahead of time.
  • Enable suPHP (suPHP will run scripts as the user itself, useful for tracking e-mail spam. Also allows for better permissions and users are unable to access/edit others files.)
  • Review php.ini for known flaws or weaknesses -- if new server will do default php.ini settings.
  • Zend Optimizer Installation
  • Ioncube Loader Installation
  • Re-compile the backend PHP (used within cPanel services) and enable IonCube support.
  • Move SSH off default port
  • Disable access to compilers.
  • Disable background scripts.
  • Limit e-mail's sent per domain to 500 (unless otherwise requested)
  • Install and Configure RKHunter
  • Install and Configure chkrootkit
  • Secure /tmp and /dev/shm
We are also able to install most 3rd party cPanel addons for a nominal fee.

The default fee for this service is $44.99/one time. After that if you want anything else done it is a $25/hour fee with a minimum of 1 hour.

If you are interested in this offer please shoot an e-mail to brandon[@]brandonlong[.]me and I will get back to you ASAP. Please list anything else you want done that's not in this list to include in the quote.

Payments through Paypal.

Last edited:
interesting, best of luck to you. I don't see too many people using these services these days as more and more people become familiar with their own technology. Insane how fast web hosting has taken off and how saturated the market is.

Back