• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

convert mpeg interlaced?

Kratt

i want to convert a mpeg file to divx. what is the correct interlace option? do I need to de interlace ?

What bitrate would I choose? Original mpg is 90mb for 8.5min
Im going to cut the audio down to mono, and since it was blocky to begin with, I thot Id just compress it down further with divx.

You could try using Director and then convert it to something else. Otherwise you can use the QuickTime editor that should come with the bundled player and then re-save it as something else.

Otherwise use a program like the Nero Wave Editor that comes with Nero Burning ROM 5 and above.

Do an inverse telecine if the original video is 24 frames per second progressive and you have 30/60 fields second video. If you don't know what that means consult www.doom9.org.

hmm. ok I'm using virtualdubmod. I've made divx from DV tapes and from MJpeg clips, but not from low-Q mpgs before... thus.

how do I find out if the original video is progressive or interlaced?

Back