• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Pannels

hmm well hostrocket.com is reseller for Alabanza and I'm not sure but I think they cannot install new control panels since alabanza owns the servers. I could be wrong.. maybe I am...

-Rob

Originally posted by robert
hmm well hostrocket.com is reseller for Alabanza and I'm not sure but I think they cannot install new control panels since alabanza owns the servers. I could be wrong.. maybe I am...

-Rob

From what ive heard they are buying new servers to be co-located at alabanza.

I believe that isn't an option with Alabanza. I've never heard that you could colo there. Their whole bag is that they offer two servers, and don't deviate much from that. You can't add ram to their servers, so I doubt you can send them one. 99.999% sure about this one.

I wont call hthem resellers as such...
I am beta testing there new control panel
and its a improvement over the old one.

So is hostrocket.com a good host place? I seen to understand
that Alabanza isnt a good place? am I reading/understanding
this wrong??

Alabanza is a fine place to host a site. There has been some recent problems, but overall it is fine.

Also, I mod. at Sitepoint and while it could be helpful, Sitepoint is geared at bit more towards web building, development and promotion. The other site I mod. at is webhostingtalk.com and this is geared more towards paid hosting discussion.

Just come back and share any information you've learned!

Originally posted by Luqman
I wont call hthem resellers as such...
I am beta testing there new control panel
and its a improvement over the old one.

I saw the screenshot of their new control pannel and I can't wait to finally get it. Does it offer unlimted subdomains now, mx records?

they do offer sub-domains but i dont know how many..
as for MX you have to contact them to chnage but i think they might include it if you ask..

Its know has pre-installed scrpts etc and Allows you to add databases. I have set up three i think thats the limit.

Back