• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

control panel

If customized control panel is able to provide all features that common user need then it is always better to have own customized control panel.

Most people do not want a customized control panel. They want cPanel, normally.

Yes!!! Most people want cPanel on Linux platform and Plesk on Windows platform... But everything is depend on features. Where people can work friendly with own customized control panel...

Most customers usually request for cPanel, although other hosting panels can do similar things.
Having a customized actually is better for the hoster, but hard to convince customers to buy hosting from u...
So both have pros and cons.

Most people prefer cPanel or DirectAdmin for shared/reseller hosting. Is there a reason you would want a custom control panel? If you'd prefer some extra features then it would be cheaper and easier to get a custom plugin.

I think a customized control panel is better to use.

And what specifically makes you say that? Most clients do not want a custom control panel, because of all sorts of issues. The main issue is simply compatibility, should they want to move their site someplace else.

Take a look around some of the hosting forums, and look at all the problems people have with GoDaddy, for example, and their custom control panel.

It depends.
If it is something like a cloud control panel, then build a custom ones would be great... until something much better and make it become a very popular control panel.
:p

Not really the best idea, people get to comfortable with the likes of cPanel and so on, even if yours had all the features people may still find it annoying and look for a host that offers the control panel they are use to.

People likes standard control panels like cpanel or plesk as it is easy to migrate accounts between them without even loosing emails.

I think when a company provides a customized own control panel, it is a good sign. It means they try to make their services comfortable for their customers.

Nowadays people just want everything to be simple so don't think that they will need to customize something

I agree with some of the above posts. A lot of people just want cPanel. I would go with some of the popular ones, so people know what they are getting. If your controle panel is just as good as cPanel, i do not see any reason why not to use it.

You can't go wring with cpanel, very clean and simple. I still think it's the standard for web hosting.

You should go with cPanel as most webmasters are familiar with it. And, it is always easier to find tutorial about cPanel than other costumized control panel. You should notice on newbie factor too

Back