• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Panel - Pricing - Building A Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SitePenguin Ltd

Hello,

In another one of my posts I posted about how I was going to be building a control panel. Assuming that this control panel had similar features to what Direct Admin has at launch and was priced at $2.99 a month would you try it?

I'm thinking of having a beta launch with roughly 500 licenses given away for 6 months, would you be willing to try it out and/or offer it to your clients?

The reason I'm asking is I plan on having this ready for alpha/beta laucnh in the next month or so...

Does it work with Debian?
I am a fan of direct-admin and a Debian lover, I would really like to try this control panel
And hell yes I would buy it if it was like direct-admin, but hopfully you put more thought in to it and fixed directadmins bug with domains, if any domain is pointed to directadmins name servers, you can create a DNS entry from ANY account. - It took me 5 mins to work out.

srs, if its good there is a market for a decent & cheap control panel...
And I wanna beta test it, Ill go buy a VPS for it if u do, just let me know!~!!!

Well its still in the development phase so I'll be posting again when I'm looking for beta testers. There is no guarantee at the moment that it won't have a security issue, simply put it isn't even finished yet

I suppose that the choice of the web hosting company should be based on the your end users tastes. That should feel comfortable

Will it work on the windows platform as well?

honestly, no one really bother to make a web hosting control panel for windows, as Linux/Unix is a better choice to run as web hosting server.

honestly, from wat i see, cpanel for windows version is not really developing.
i think it will soon be like their debian version, "No Longer In Development"

There are still many servers that do run on windows. So I believe there should be an alternative. Plesk does have a windows control panel. Is there any that you have worked with?

I have not worked with windows servers...ever. And I am happier for it.

A lot of what a control panel does has to do with the filesystem, which means the OS needs a very powerful shell - which windows seriously lacks, thus reducing any attempt to make a half-decent control panel for windows to utter futility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back