• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Complete Redesign

Originally posted by trenzterra
hmm sorry it seems that I put a wrong score for the speed. the the image looks like everything is funny as there is just the image on the left.

Graphics, I only see about one nice one and the others are just photos. Also design is not really that nice. Hope you can accept this fact.

Yes I can accept this... but I am keeping this design. Somebody is making me a new image, but I don't feel that one should take my score down to a measling 6 out of 10.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Yes I can accept this... but I am keeping this design. Somebody is making me a new image, but I don't feel that one should take my score down to a measling 6 out of 10.
Ok I adjusted everything and now it looks a better 7/10. Speed is not really that fast for me though.

Ok I adjusted everything and now it looks a better 7/10. Speed is not really that fast for me though.

Anything I can do about the organization? I thought it was simple....

Anything I can do about the organization? I thought it was simple....
well the image at the left is useless. And it look awkward for the links to be right on top seperated by a |(I know mines not better).

I think putting buttons for the links would be better.

well the image at the left is useless. And it look awkward for the links to be right on top seperated by a |(I know mines not better).

I think putting buttons for the links would be better.

Oh... okay. I won´t be putting in buttons in because it will get sloppy. But thanks for the advice.

Oh... okay. I won´t be putting in buttons in because it will get sloppy. But thanks for the advice.
my suggestion is to leave a space before putting the |.

For example:

Home | Guestbook

instead of:

Home|Guestbook

my suggestion is to leave a space before putting the |.

For example:

Home | Guestbook

instead of:

Home|Guestbook

I'll see what I can do. How about a pull down menu... would that look nice?

Originally posted by cheatpark

No, but what about a menu with sub links?

What do you mean? You mean a DHTML menu with a menu that drops down when the mouse goes over it? I tried that before and it never works out.

I'll see what I can do. How about a pull down menu... would that look nice?
but it depends on where you want to put it.

I use I-Frame for navigation and I think its pretty unique but most of you may not like it.

Mines at http://trenzterra.dhs.org . You see the I-Frame at the top.

but it depends on where you want to put it.

I use I-Frame for navigation and I think its pretty unique but most of you may not like it.

Mines at http://trenzterra.dhs.org . You see the I-Frame at the top.

Sorry, I don't like that one.... it seems a bit too tacky. I will try and see if I can get DHTML working.. with pull downs, but I doubt it.

Sorry, I don't like that one.... it seems a bit too tacky. I will try and see if I can get DHTML working.. with pull downs, but I doubt it.
yes I know about that. But I use the I-Frame because it is convenient if I add pages and it auto-updates. DHTML may not work with some browsers properly though, especially Netscape 6, so try out before you post the new menu.

yes I know about that. But I use the I-Frame because it is convenient if I add pages and it auto-updates. DHTML may not work with some browsers properly though, especially Netscape 6, so try out before you post the new menu.

Where do you get these I-Frames? Maybe I could set up in a way where it is not tacky.

Where do you get these I-Frames? Maybe I could set up in a way where it is not tacky.
what do you mean?

if you're talking about the code, I got it from a book.

Well, if you can I need the code.
you can view source at my site, or htmlgoodies.com will supply you the code I think. Mines better because on the main page, my code does not have the bars surrounding it, just make it a little bigger with the same bg and it will look like you have not use any i-frames.

I'm not sure I haven't done the coding for months.

no problem. Anyone can take my code after asking me and i grant them permission.

Sorry I just found out it wouldn't look right due to page layout. I might go with standard frames. Having one at the top probably.

Sorry I just found out it wouldn't look right due to page layout. I might go with standard frames. Having one at the top probably.
ok. but most people hate frames though.

Back